1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Use GPS satellites" under My Location will not UNCHECK!

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by dnap941, Feb 4, 2011.

1. dnap941

dnap941 New Member

I own a droid x that is currently running Froyo 2.2.1 with Fission Rom 2.5.7

I recently noticed that my GPS Satellite setting never disables. I'm curious to why it wont turn off. No GPS is being used(it's not draining my battery), but it's a matter of principle. If I uncheck a setting, I expect it to be unchecked.

I go into the settings, location & security. I see 'use gps satellites' checked off. I uncheck it. I hit the back button and click location & security settings again... it's rechecked! what the?

Anyone having similar issues?
  2. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

If no one replies to your thread, usually means it's not a real problem. That's what I have found, i don't mean it offensively, just a statement.

Unless you are running a custom ROM, you can't disable GPS, as that would mean you are disabling "location" for your phone, which you simply cannot do, I think it's a Verizon thing, because, as I said, custom ROMs let me disable location. Mind you I have a Droid Incredible, my X comes Tuesday.

But why would you need to disable GPS? lol
Search tags for this page

android cannot disable gps

gps & satellites my location

motorola droid use gps satellites

remove use gps satalite from android