Use Droid as mouse?

dave52355

Reaction score
My desktop is connected to my LCD TV. Is their any apps that allows the Droid to connect va bluetooth to my Windows desktop and be usable as a mouse?

Thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea man. I have my laptop connected to my projector to watch hulu and I used to have to get up every time to change it. I downloaded and set up PhoneMyPC and it has a setting to "Control Mouse & Keys" and you can literally use it like a mouse, then click and use the keyboard to type.

Its a bonus because it is also a remote desktop app, meaning you can also view your computer on your droid screen, and work on it! Crazy. Worth the money man.

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't have use for a remote desktop at this time. I did install gmote but I don't think it allows me to do the mouse functions on my desktop from the Droid, more of a file streamer.

Again thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well you don't need a remote desktop but PhoneMyPC does what you need, so you kinda do. Just try it for 23 hours and refund if you don't like it. Trust me, I was in your position and its amazing. I don't use it for remote desktop really, just for mouse and keys....

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't have use for a remote desktop at this time. I did install gmote but I don't think it allows me to do the mouse functions on my desktop from the Droid, more of a file streamer.

Again thanks

it 100% makes the droid into a mouse... use it all the time.

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
All I'm seeing is multimedia controls to run music/media files from my desktop with gmote. How do you use it as a mouse? As an example I want to open firefox on my desktop surf to MSNBC and read the news on my 42" LCD? I'm sitting in front of the LCD.

Thanks

Got it!! Thanks