Use Android? Consider yourself a computer scientist!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 19, 2011.

1. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Wow, I think my joke/comment back in 2011 sounds pretty harsh today -- I wonder if the playing field has evened out a lot in 2 years. Sadly, I still lack any meaningful experience with an iPhone, and the next best claim I can make is that I set up my daughter's 4th gen iPod Touch. But while doing so, I found myself thinking two things...first, "where's the app tray?...wait...ALL THEIR APPS are on the homescreen???" and second, "Hmmm, not much opportunity to use the homescreen creatively." The take-away message is that I prefer the Android experience through and through, and yeah, I do kinda think our team has caught up in usability and maybe then some.

If a prospective owner says "it's too hard," forgive me for thinking this, but hey if I can get my gadget-unfriendly wife to do anything and everything she wants to on her Moto X and Nexus 7, then I don't think the problem is with the OS or the user interface.

-Matt

• Like Like x 2
  2. acousticshade

acousticshade Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Steve Ballmer has mistakenly recognized my 8 year old daughters as computer scientists. The future of Microsoft seems secure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vendon

Vendon New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Android is the best.I can't think anything without android

4. xguy

xguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    last week I didn't even know what a rocket scientist was, and now I are one. LOL

Search tags for this page

android computer algebra system

do you need a computer for an android phone