Use Android? Consider yourself a computer scientist!

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I don't have any first-hand experience with Windows CE or Windows Phone 7, but this analogy can be flipped on its head:

Android -> normal people
iOS -> people with IQ between 70 and 100 (i.e., who need devices to make most of the UI choices for them)
WinPhone 7 -> really, really dumb people (i.e., just a few REALLY BIG icons, please)

-Matt

So true its not even funny

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes it's funny to joke about, but I hope you don't really think it's true.
Nah, I'm sure (most) everyone gets the joke. This would have turned into an iPhone bashing thread long ago otherwise (I like how civil this forum is). And though it wasn't obvious, my comment about not trying Windows Phone 7 was meant that it might be a pretty good OS, but I can't personally say.

Anyway, all joking aside, the data don't lie:

AT&T's Android sales are catching up to iPhone - Oct. 20, 2011

-Matt

Rileyr

Reaction score
I've got a droid, am currently using a windows phone 7 and my wife has an iPhone. I don't think android is difficult, but it's certainly not the easiest to use out there. Of course the lack of a back button on the iPhone aggravates me sometimes too.
Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
Yes it's funny to joke about, but I hope you don't really think it's true.

Not entirely but from selling phones for the past few years you see all types of people buying the different types of phones. In some ways that statement is accurate. I'm not saying calling people stupid, but ones that absolutely refuse to touch android because "it's too hard" is a little ridiculous. And for windows phones I have had way to many of them come back with issues to justify even recommending them to anyone.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow, I think my joke/comment back in 2011 sounds pretty harsh today -- I wonder if the playing field has evened out a lot in 2 years. Sadly, I still lack any meaningful experience with an iPhone, and the next best claim I can make is that I set up my daughter's 4th gen iPod Touch. But while doing so, I found myself thinking two things...first, "where's the app tray?...wait...ALL THEIR APPS are on the homescreen???" and second, "Hmmm, not much opportunity to use the homescreen creatively." The take-away message is that I prefer the Android experience through and through, and yeah, I do kinda think our team has caught up in usability and maybe then some.

If a prospective owner says "it's too hard," forgive me for thinking this, but hey if I can get my gadget-unfriendly wife to do anything and everything she wants to on her Moto X and Nexus 7, then I don't think the problem is with the OS or the user interface.

-Matt

acousticshade

Reaction score
Steve Ballmer has mistakenly recognized my 8 year old daughters as computer scientists. The future of Microsoft seems secure.

Vendon

Reaction score
Android is the best.I can't think anything without android