Use Android? Consider yourself a computer scientist!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Messed up part is my not so bright friends know how to hack their phones better than I do.

If u put windows seven on my hand I will not know how to use it. There's just like five huge pointless icons on the screen.

My last laptop might be an Ubuntu or a Mac running parallels. No longer interested in windows.

Principals are important to me...a company without them doesn't get my money.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
<- brain surgeon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pandabear

Reaction score
Huh, well I am a computer scientist. So uh, yeah. He's about right in my case, lol

Insidious

Reaction score
I do computer networking... Subnetting, VLSM, and that kind of stuff. But I'm more into software development. I think its cool that us Android geeks are considered "rocket scientists" though. Id much rather crack things open and see how they work over tapping a few tiles in an obsolete OS.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well, I do have a degree in computer science.

Maybe that's why I like android :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

scott craft

Reaction score
I've got a droid, am currently using a windows phone 7 and my wife has an iPhone. I don't think android is difficult, but it's certainly not the easiest to use out there. Of course the lack of a back button on the iPhone aggravates me sometimes too.
Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Reaction score
Heck, I know several "smart" people who chose iPhone over Android, just for the polished UI. They are too busy with their lives to be constantly tweaking their phone. I would equate most of us, on the forum anyway, as more back yard mechanics... we're always popping the hood and changing stuff around.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say people were smart or dumb, I meant that some people prefer an iPhone because it is more simple or has a "polished UI" as you put it. It's like you say, we are backyard mechanics and like to dive right into our devices to extract everything we possible can out of them, whereas all some people want to do is make calls, surf the net, text and listen to music.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm...I just have a GED and sell car and home audio/video. I knew I wasn't in a career that suited my education! Sweet! dancedroid

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just in IT. CS was too difficult for me...guess I'll go sell my Android for WP7. This OS is clearly too challenging for me. ;)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Idk what ballmer is talking about. ..every time im shopping android I get a chubby

I rank windows last of all the os's

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums