Use 2 battery savers help?

modestokid209

Reaction score
I was wondering if i used two different battery savers if that will help? I already have smart actions set up. Have all apps added to kill list on task killer. Pretty much alot of stuff thats supposed to help with battery life. And i feel like mine dies waaaaay to fast. Alot faster than my brothers razr does. Any suggestions??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

wann495909

Reaction score
I just use smart actions and my last charge lasted for a little over 30 hours. Im a light to moderate user but if you battery is dying real fast its most likely some settings that need tweaked on the phone

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Like wat tho? I use my fone kinda alot. Im.not talkin on it 24 7 just like check facebook and play sum games and stuff. What setting should i take a look at?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Just a thought but only speculating...it is possible your task killer is killing your battery if you have all your apps are set to it. It could be your task killer is working overtime trying to constantly close apps. There are many apps that automatically turn on bc that is their purpose (weather, email, monitors, etc, etc). What could be happening is that your task killer is turning then off, the apps are immediately restarting, task killer shuts them off and it becomes a never ending process, killing your battery. The other thing to do would be to check your battery stats to see what is using your battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

wann495909

Reaction score
for starters set your screen brightness to the lowest setting, disable location, and turn off wifi. my smart actions are set to disable cell data, bluetooth, wifi, and background sync when the display is off and enable only cell data when the screen is on. also I have uninstalled the facebook and twitter apps and been using the mobile sites from the browser to see if this saves any battery but Ive only been doing that for a day so Im not sure of the results

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Its not a downloaded task killer. Its the task manager that comes on the phone. And i have most of that stuff switched off. And i use wifi wen im at the house and im at the house more often than not. So i dont know if everyone elses battery dies in about 10 to 11 hours TOPS.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Its not a downloaded task killer. Its the task manager that comes on the phone. And i have most of that stuff switched off. And i use wifi wen im at the house and im at the house more often than not. So i dont know if everyone elses battery dies in about 10 to 11 hours TOPS.

The task manager that comes with the phone would do the same thing...keep turning off an app that automatically turns itself back on, using allot of battery. I would try undoing all the apps you have set to auto kill and see if that makes any difference.

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Well i just set it up today. So wat apps should i undo so they dont close after two minutes?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Remove all apps from the auto kill list to see if that makes a difference. Also go to settings, about phone and look at what is using up your battery. I would talk to your brother and ask him to help you set it up like his.

OP
M

modestokid209

Reaction score
Well he works unlike me im unemployed at the moment just goin to college and i use my fone more than he does so that could possibly be it too

walkerstempe

Reaction score
By disabling most of the functions of your smart phone, you might as well by a basic phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
By disabling most of the functions of your smart phone, you might as well by a basic phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Removing all apps from the auto kill list in task manager is not disabling the functions of your smart phone. Quite the contrary...putting everything in auto kill is disabling many things that your smart phone is supposed to be doing.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well he works unlike me im unemployed at the moment just goin to college and i use my fone more than he does so that could possibly be it too

That very will could be why his phone lasts longer. How many hours are you getting on one charge?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It's all about use. Most days I run 9 hours and get 50-60% a few weeks ago I was training a new employee and never touched my phone and had 90% after 9 hours.!

The screen is one power hog, keep it off, keep it dim. Watch your data down loads, 3g vs 4g (about 10% for me)
GPS, Bluetooth? I use them both so I live with that power drain. Some live wall papers eat battery, some are fine.
When I'm streaming Netflix I plug it in, same when I teather my Kindle.

It's up to you, play and you can always put it in sleep mode and manually update every thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I don't see why they came with a task killer installed. I have never found them to be a useful app. I actually think they can be harmful.

Like everyone said stop using the task killer. Another thing I noticed and this may be a setting I haven't looked into yet, on my DX I had a few saved WiFi pws and if I was in range or any of those wifi's it would automatically connect, my maxx (same hardware/software as the razr except battery size) does not auto connect.

Screen Time Out setting... if your screen is on for a long time (while you don't need it) that can be a wasteful battery pull