USBConnected notification always there

CopyPaste

Reaction score
When my phone boots up, my notifications screen is empty as it should be. Once I connect it to my PC however, regardless of however may times I connect or disconnect, my USB Connected ongoing notification stays there. I am on a rooted 2.0.1 with WiFi tethering installed.

Has anyone else had this issue.

Btw new to the forums, their great.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

Are you on the Stock ROM or did you flash a cooked ROM?? You may want to try a flashed ROM (Bugless Beast has the tethering if that's important to you). I've never had the problem with the USB notification.

WolfNRose

Reaction score
When my phone boots up, my notifications screen is empty as it should be. Once I connect it to my PC however, regardless of however may times I connect or disconnect, my USB Connected ongoing notification stays there. I am on a rooted 2.0.1 with WiFi tethering installed.

Has anyone else had this issue.

Btw new to the forums, their great.

Let me add that I have the same issue, but have NOT dorked around with the ROMs... So, standard Verizon 2.01 on MotoDroid similarly "sticks" the usb connected icon/state.

This is particularly important because I like to use "don't sleep while connected" and as such it quickly kills the battery DEAD once it wakes up unattended or if I forget to manually turn off the screen after each usage.

Some possible relevant details:
1) I tether by USB (via PDAnet)... is there some tweak to the standard USB drivers on the phone when that's installed?
2) I have the phone-side app disconnected/turned off/killed when not in use, but wonder if something lingers once it's "seen" a PC tether to it? The sticking issue occurs even when it's connected to a PC that DOESN"T tether to it.
3) Connecting/disconnecting a wall charger or car charger will usually "reset" this sticking once disconnected from THAT. (PCon->PCoff->STUCK->CarOn->CarOff->Unstuck)

-Wolfe