USB Sync

Discussion in 'CompanionLink Software' started by smilepak, Mar 3, 2010.

1. smilepak

smilepak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Originally I had used Google Sync and it worked fine, recently you guys took that away and now must use Companion Express. Which is fine.

I tried out and explore the USB sync feature. How do you get that to use Google's calendar instead of CompanionLink Calendar?

2. clcto

clcto Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm guessing you are synchronizing from Lotus Notes. We have made some important changes with Lotus including support for "Custom" recurring Activities. For that reason we shifted product support up to a slightly higher end product price. This change is free for all existing customers and only affects people who will purchase in the future.

For Android Calendar, we tried for nearly two months to get everything right. However, it just doesn't work. The on-board Calendar API doesn't exist for Android. We found a way to use providers, but then found the implementation of recurring events was much more limited than other handhelds and PC products. I really hate when people blame a sync product for "I used your sync and it doesn't show my XXX events correctly". Hint: It's not the sync product doing the display.

Yesterday we posted an update to update CL USB Sync. It has new Day, Week and Month views. Our goal for now is to add functionality to our own Calendar, so that it becomes the preferred solution. That way, we can insure recurring records and Lotus Notes Custom recurrings are all displayed as they are on the PC.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.

3. smilepak

smilepak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replied. I think I'll swap back to the Companion Exprses Wireless Sync then. Once I figure out why I am able to setup the connection. Might be my firewall. At least that sync with Google Calendar thus as the result sync with Android Calendar.

But your responses help. Thanks. At least one thing positive is CompanionLink is far less bloatware than CommonTime. I've used that for several years prior to trying this out.

Search tags for this page

how do i use a droid dna through usb on ford sync