USB storage

Shill

Reaction score
I plugged my fascinate in as a mass storage. I have 3 folders labled Android, DCIM, and LOST.DIR

DCIM and LOST.DIR are both empty.

Android has another folder named data

G:\Android\data\com.cooliris.media\cache\local-album-cache
Inside contains 2 files, chunk_0 and index

Not that much of that matters for what I need though.

I would like to transfer all my old ringtones and photos to my device, where would be the best place to store them?

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I don't know if I can help you with the ringtones. I synced mine as music files, and then used the Ringdroid app to convert them to ringtones. They ended up stored in media/audio/ringtones.

A little nosing around shows that a lot of folders and files are probably hidden. You will probably have to root to add the ringtones manually.

The DCIM folder is the default destination for pictures you take with the phone's camera.

Note: I'm using a Droid X, and I'm not certain how much difference there may be in file structures between manufacturers.

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
Well, that will such if I have to root to get ringtone s

Sorry for the horrible typing, still trying to her used to swype

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Heh, no problem. I use swype too, and most of the time I use it like a normal keyboard. I forget I can, or it's not appropriate to the stuff I'm entering.

RubeSam

Reaction score
about a gazillion kernels per row of at least 20 meters wide.More info needed, how long are the rows ? How big is the fieldAs many as he planted, until they grow into stocks that have ears on them

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make a folder on your sdcard named ringtones, put the tones in there and then you will be able to select in ringtone menu...same thing with notifications, make a notifications folder

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
Thank you very much! will be addign them in a few minutes

and...
about a gazillion kernels per row of at least 20 meters wide.More info needed, how long are the rows ? How big is the fieldAs many as he planted, until they grow into stocks that have ears on them

What?