USB settings

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Cmolnar, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Cmolnar

Cmolnar New Member

My droid x is not recognized when I connect to the computer with usb cord. My son connected and clicked use as charge only. Now I can't find the settings to change it back. Anyone?

Also my bionic is not recognized when I connect it. I have no clue why?
  2. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

when it's plugged into the computer drag the notification bar down, select the notification that says it's plugged into a usb cable, and select "USB mass storage"
  3. Cmolnar

Cmolnar New Member

The notification bar does not show up when I plug it in to the computer. I think this is because he selected the charge only option the last time it was connected. Now, the phone does not recognize it as a usb. Just a charger cord, so the bar does not display and I don't know where the setting is to change it back.
  4. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

you lose the notification bar when you plug it in? whenever i plug mine in i can switch back and forth between charge only and usb storage all I want with the notification. Selecting the charge only option isn't preventing you from switching to USB storage
  5. Cmolnar

Cmolnar New Member

Nope, no notification bar. Nothing. The only thing that indicates that it is connected is the lightning bolt indicating that it is charging.
  6. jorisy

jorisy New Member

I ma having the same problem. Switched to Charge Only, now it's not recognized when I plug it into my computer. Oddly, when I connect the cable to the computer by itself I get the "USB Device Not Recognized" error on my computer - but there's nothing connected to the other end of the cable. I tried plugging it into 3 other computers with the same result. Sounded to me like it's an issue with the cable since I'm getting errors when the phone isn't even connected to it. Is this happening with yours too? I ordered a new cable from Amazon today just in case, so it'll be here in a few days. I'll post back if I get any results.
  7. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

On the droid 1 this setting is in - Settings > Applications > Development. You would need to check USB debugging. Not sure why this would happen, i'm sure you got it covered but just to verify, you have all the moto drivers installed right?
  8. ptrick2000

ptrick2000 New Member

Same here

It all started when I selected "Charge Only" at one time. Now, no notification comes up when I hook up giving me no option to change setting. It worked fine before.
  9. ptrick2000

ptrick2000 New Member

Bad Cable

Solved it in my case, seems to be a bad cable. I swapped it with my cable from work and it worked just fine. I would suggest to everyone having this issue to suspect the cable first.
  10. jorisy

jorisy New Member

it was a bad cable for me, too. ordered a replacement cable on Amazon for $2.99 - worked like a charm
Search tags for this page
android usb device not recognized
android usb settings
android usb settings charge only
change usb settings

droid bionic usb settings

droid usb settings
how to change usb settings on android

how to change usb settings on droid 3

i changed my galaxy s3 setting to just charge when hooked up

usb settings

usb settings droid 3

when i plug my phone in to the computer how do i change the settings to data not charge