USB ?'s

Lil Drummer Boy

Reaction score
Hello there, first post! I was wondering if, there is a USE charger port, is there any way I can connect an external card reader so I don't have to keep taking the cover off and removing the battery, each time. The actual working concept is to use another camera and either through a USB (probably not going to be able to do this) directly or use a card reader and a cable. Tux in advance!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

sal33n

Reaction score
Huh??? You might want to try rephrasing that. I have no clue what you are talking about.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you asking if their is a way to put a car reader in the microusb port? The answer is no, not that i know of...*if thats what your asking that is. :)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I`m gonna go out on a limb here...but I think the OP is wanting to know if there is a way to hook his phone directly up to a SD Card reader by way of USB so as not to have to keep taking his battery out to get the SD card out to access his pictures.

OP, correct me if I am wrong, cause I too am a bit dumbfounded as to exactly what it is you are asking.

But, seeing as I am a glutton for punishment, I am willing to go ahead based on my own understanding of your question, and see if I cant give ya some help...

The USB Charger Port, is not just for charging...its also used to hook your phone up to your PC or laptop, where you can swap files back and forth between the phone and your computer...as well as charging at the same time!

Forgive me if these instructions are written as if you have no idea what you are doing...I would rather do it step by step and you already know it, than to assume you know some of it and actually dont...it is not be trying to "dumb it down", but only to make it simple.

1) Connect the USB cable to the phone and PC...wait a few seconds...

2) That few seconds was to allow the SD card to "mount" if it needed to in order to be read by the PC. If it didnt "mount", then it more than likely is in "USB Charge Only Mode"..and we will address that next.

3) Now, reach up and "drag" down the Notification Bar Screen...anywhere in the middle of the bar will do and just "tap/drag" at the same time should work.

4) If it opened properly, you should now see "USB Connected"...tap it to bring up a pop-up window with 4 options. USB Mass Storage Mode, USB PC Mode, USB Charge Only Mode and Windows Media Sync Mode...we will be using USB Mass Storage mode, so tap it..

5) You may see in the Notification Bar an icon of an SD card doing a little "dance"..this is the SD card mounting again...its normal. Once it does it thing to completion, your PC is likely to open a folder showing more folders...this is the contents of your SD card. If it doesnt, we can do that manually by going to My Computer and click the "new" drive that has popped up...it should read as 16GB or so...

6) Once you do that, you can now navigate to the DCIM folder on the SD card...this is the default folder where your pictures and video you take with your phone will be located. You can now "copy & paste" them to your computer for easy storage or printing.

Hope this helps...:)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello there, first post! I was wondering if, there is a USE charger port, is there any way I can connect an external card reader so I don't have to keep taking the cover off and removing the battery, each time.
Nope, not possible.