usb reboot

sruel3216

Reaction score
ok i am trying to transfer music to my phone and everytime i plug it in via usb it reboots. this is the only bug i have on my phone. it never reboots unless i plug it in. this happend a few times on other roms but on liberty it happens seriously every single time....

i need new music!!!!!

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok i am trying to transfer music to my phone and everytime i plug it in via usb it reboots. this is the only bug i have on my phone. it never reboots unless i plug it in. this happend a few times on other roms but on liberty it happens seriously every single time....

i need new music!!!!!

Do you have any apps saved/moved to your SD card? If so, try moving them all back over to phone. Give that a try.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

jonwgee

Reaction score
have you tried plugging in the USB while the phone is powered off? then power on while already attached to PC? I thought I read that somewhere .....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
He shouldn't have to power down everyone in order to plug the USB up.

And I know its ridiculous to have to move apps that will go to SD back over to the phone. But I suggested it cause it worked for me. Curious to see if works for him also.

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score

i need new music!!!!!

Do you have any apps saved/moved to your SD card? If so, try moving them all back over to phone. Give that a try.

Hmm I will try that. I just recently started using apps to sd so thays could be it. Il let u know. Thanks

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, sorry guys but the moto USB driver/app sucks on the DX.... if there were anything I could do I would... you will probebly notice this happens on all roms as its an issue with the phone and not the rom.

The only good news is, that we have 8 gig of internal storage for apps so it really shouldn't be a problem, ever.. cause that's way overkill

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
S

sruel3216

Reaction score
Yeah moving them to the phone didn't work. It just rebooted immediately ...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah moving them to the phone didn't work. It just rebooted immediately ...

I'm sorry to hear that. Worked for me right away, but I'm running DS. I was hoping that would fix your issue.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Try jrummy's new app, App Swap and move everything on sdcard to phone. As kejar said, we have 8 GB of internal storage and our internal storage works better and faster than our sdcard does. There's no reason to put things on the sdcard until you come somewhere close to filling the internal storage.

cryogenic666

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with apps being on the SD card. I actually managed to get it to work by disabling USB debugging. Enable USB debugging and the sucker reboots. Disable it and it's fine. Go figure.

mudvayne622

Reaction score
I did not have this problem from day 1 and now all of a sudden its rebooting when usb connected. Tried the turn off Debugging and that didnt work. Last time I plugged into usb was to transfer a font pack and the apk for dark gingerbread keyboard. Worked fine while transferring them. then installed the Moto Desk dock. So it has to be one of those 3. Anyone else have any of those installed?

dbisch

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with apps being on the SD card. I actually managed to get it to work by disabling USB debugging. Enable USB debugging and the sucker reboots. Disable it and it's fine. Go figure.

Thanks for this. I was having the same issue. It was really annoying.

routzong

Reaction score
Toggling off and on the USB Debugging fixed this issue for me as well... Thanks!!!