USB problems

jonno421

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I could use some input on an issue I'm having with my phone. Recently upgraded from a Moto Bionic to the Spectrum 2, and so far I love every aspect- except ONE, and it's a psychotic hatred. I don't have "USB Mass Storage", and with the trashy MTP, no matter what computer I use or if I have the LG driver installed, it takes my desktop or laptop upwards of 5 mins to show the phone in "My Computer", and trying to access either the internal or SD storage is pretty much guaranteed to stall (and eventually crash) explorer. I've never had any luck with this "MTP", and I'm 110% baffled as to why they've moved to this trashy way of syncing files. I have a few video files that are too big to email and it'd be nice to put music on my phone without having to pull the SD card and use an older phone. I tried searching this forum, but have had little luck. All I've seen is people suggesting to flash the ROM, and quite frankly, I wouldn't be comfortable doing that. Is there any feasible way of getting back USB mass? Paid app?

JimiMack

Reaction score
When you connect the USB line your phone should have a Pop Up, to Skip the install of the drivers, are you getting this?

OP
J

jonno421

Reaction score
When you connect the USB line your phone should have a Pop Up, to Skip the install of the drivers, are you getting this?

Yes. At first I denied on my desktop, I just wanted to transfer files. But later allowed it and finally went to LG website to download latest driver. Then tried to connect to my laptop, granting driver install immediately.

OP
J

jonno421

Reaction score
So you are up and working now with no issues?

Well, as with life, there are issues.. And yes. I've tried 3 different USB Micro cords. Same result. My laptop and desktop both freeze "explorer" when I try to load anything off of the phone. I got curious and tried a "Live USB" distro of Linux and the device never showed up. I'm thinking I may have a defunct device, but it worked fine 3 days ago prior to me installing the new firmware. Can you point me to a resource dedicated to "n00bs" installing a previous ROM on a droid? I'm about as wet behind the ears as can be..