USB PC Connect problem

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When connecting my phone to my PC and laptop, my phone only charges now.. other options aren't showing up. And advice on what to do?

acoers

Reaction score
you should just plug it in and there should be a usb symbol in the notification bar. Just pull that down click on it and it should show you multiple options.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No nothing was coming up at all. But, I figured it out. I've been using the wrong USB cable and it finally quit out on me. Now it's working. :p ..Restored my phone for no reason. >.>

acoers

Reaction score
Dam man well. Did ya go through settings and everything and make sure it was on the usb connection

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dam man well. Did ya go through settings and everything and make sure it was on the usb connection
Yep. It just wasn't showing up period. But I read somewhere if you're not using the charger that comes with the phone, it can eventually stop. And I was either using my OG Droid's one, or my old enV Touch's. After finding my Droid 3's USB cable, it started working again thankfully. I was scared.. I was so pissed lol. But all is good now. :)

Ragnell

Reaction score
HA, I had this same issue yesterday, It was working on my desktop but not on my laptop, changed USB cables and bam, working

reminon

Reaction score
Im having the same problem with the cable that came with it. When i plug it it i have to plug it in again to charge "as the first time it does nothing". Sometime on the second try the pc will make the sound like a device was found, but it never installs a device, and device manager doesnt find it.