Usb mode when charging?

lkreykes

Reaction score
I recently did a factory reset on my phone after it was glitching the crap out of me and now when I have it plugged in to charge it in the wall, the "usb connected" notification appears and the screen shows the option to connect to computer!! Again I have it plugged it into the wall, and I have the OEM piece of junk charger! Hardware problem?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

atv98ah

Reaction score
Mine does it too sometimes. I use an LG charger that came with my LG Envy Touch. However the Usb cable will not work if I plug it into a computer to use the usb mass storage feature, but will still charge the phone. I have to use the cable for my Droid 2 Global to do anything with the computer.

fordee11

Reaction score
verizon will send you a new one but... mine was doing this and i needed a new charger.. but they sent me a pos 9 foot cord thats way too long and doesnt stay in cause its not even designed for the phone.. i would suggest dealing with the annoyance. btw i dont know if you noticed, but when it says its connected to usb it charges about half as fast than normal.

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
Oh I have noticed and that's part of my annoyance!

OP
lkreykes

lkreykes

Reaction score
I also have noticed where the usb plug goes into the wall adapter makes a "clicking" noise when moved around inside. I think its a cheap piece of junk!