USB Issue??

consultant1

Reaction score
I have been reading all this about the USB mass storage issue, and my question is, will I be able to use this phone to stream internet radio on my car (2012 range rover sport). It has a USB cable and also has bluetooth. I don't need to play music stored on my phone, what I really want to do is stream internet radio in the car. My partner does this on his BMW with his Iphone.

Creed

Reaction score
Yes, this has no bearing on stuff like this. You can use an auxiliary cord, a USB stick, bluetooth, anything. The only thing you cannot do is mount a mass storage device on your phone and transfer files back and forth from what I understand.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Nice find! Does this mean I could hook the gnex to my Mac and swap files without any additional software?

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

With mass storage, yes I believe it will work like any other Android phone with an SD card on a Mac.

creaky

Reaction score
With mass storage, yes I believe it will work like any other Android phone with an SD card on a Mac.

Thanks for the response. The OS on my Mac is not currently compatible with Android's file transfer software so this is welcome news!

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. The OS on my Mac is not currently compatible with Android's file transfer software so this is welcome news!

I think you will still need Android File Transfer for this to be of use. What version of OS X are you running currently?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty awesome Google is going to enable this option. I wonder if they planned it all along or if they're listening to the customers? Either way, good move!

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
It's pretty awesome Google is going to enable this option. I wonder if they planned it all along or if they're listening to the customers? Either way, good move!

I think they heard all the noise made over it and figured it would be easy enough to implement. Way to go Google!

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

creaky

Reaction score
I think you will still need Android File Transfer for this to be of use. What version of OS X are you running currently?

I'm on 10.4. My Macbook is limping along and I'll probably be replacing it in a few months. Don't feel like updating the OS and everything that goes with that before getting a new machine.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I'm on 10.4. My Macbook is limping along and I'll probably be replacing it in a few months. Don't feel like updating the OS and everything that goes with that before getting a new machine.

As long as your OS X is version 10.5+ you'll be good to go.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
But if I'm 10.4 I guess I'm SOL....

Yeah, Android File Transfer is only for OS X 10.5+. Just make sure you check the OS X version before buying a new Mac... or go with something that runs Windows.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums