USB icon

saddlmup

Reaction score
When I pull down the tab from the top of the screen with the usb icon, I don't seem to get what I am looking for. Want to change to charge only and feel really stupid. Was told by many to pull down top bar and there it is! There it isn't!! What am I doing wrong?:icon_evil:

B-Unit

Reaction score
A) What phone are you using?
B) Are you running a custom ROM?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I pull down the tab from the top of the screen with the usb icon, I don't seem to get what I am looking for. Want to change to charge only and feel really stupid. Was told by many to pull down top bar and there it is! There it isn't!! What am I doing wrong?:icon_evil:

Don't quite understand. What does "want to change to charge only" mean? Sorry be dense, but.....

If you only want to charge the phone when the usb is connected, well then you don't have to do anything. Just plug in the usb cable and leave the phone alone and it will charge and do nothing else.

OP
S

saddlmup

Reaction score
Usb

I am using the Droid X. There used to be, when I plugged it into the puter, a screen on the phone which asked if I wanted to use the USB to charge the phone, to Sync, or something else. There was also a check box to say if I didnt want to see the screen again. Duh - I checked the box, now I am trying to sync Deja Office/Companion Link, and it keeps telling me to switch the USB to "Charge Only".

This is where I become even more clueless than normal.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using the Droid X. There used to be, when I plugged it into the puter, a screen on the phone which asked if I wanted to use the USB to charge the phone, to Sync, or something else. There was also a check box to say if I didnt want to see the screen again. Duh - I checked the box, now I am trying to sync Deja Office/Companion Link, and it keeps telling me to switch the USB to "Charge Only".

This is where I become even more clueless than normal.

Found this:
When connected to the PC, the DROID X offers multiple options for the USB connection mode. The default USB mode, “PC Mode” for DROID X, prevents DejaOffice from synchronizing since it doesn’t allow mounting of the SD card. To fix this problem, DROID X users need to change the USB mode from the default “PC Mode” to “Charge Only”. Here is how to do so:
1. Connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable.
2. Pull down the Android notification bar (tap the very top of the screen ans swipe down) and select USB Connection.
3. Select “Charge Only”, then tap OK.

Once this has been done you can sync with DejaOffice as usual. “Charge Only” will remain as the default setting, so you don’t need to go through the above steps every time. See more info on CompanionLink’s solutions to sync with DROID X.

Is there no "USB Connection" button in the pull down menu now??

OP
S

saddlmup

Reaction score
there is no usb in the pull down menu

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have Doubletwist installed? It has a setting that forces Mass Storage Mode on connection. Probably not related, but just throwing it out there.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, here's another thing to check/try: From the home screen go to menu/settings/applications/development and uncheck USB Debugging.

OP
S

saddlmup

Reaction score
no on the Doubletwist, and I've tried 2 more cables, one is a Motorola, and other is Samsung. Nothing on the pull down screen except ongoing (weather 17 degrees!!)and 2 Notifications. Maybe I should try to back-up everything and then format.

B

bigsapz

Have u gone to "connect to PC" or "PC mode" under settings? Should b able to change USB connection type there. Choose Charge Only

sent from my 2.3.2 Incredible

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's really starting to sound like a factory hard reset is in your future. I googled and read about 4 pages of hits. Found nothing that really relates directly to your problem.

Good luck.