usb host enabled

Memnoch

Reaction score
Is the bionic “usb host enabled"? I've searched and haven't found anything definitive.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
USB Debugging, why do you ask?

OP
M

Memnoch

Reaction score
I was looking into buying a GameKlip and it does not list the bionic as one that had been tested for compatibility. It did state that if the phone in question is USB host enabled that it would work. Is USB host enabled the same as USB debugging? Thank you for replying.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I didn't see anything about USB Host on the official GameKlip site. You are aware the GameKlip is just a mount that physically connects the PS3 controller to the phone, not digitally, right? You'll need to already have, or purchase the PS3 controller separately. After that, you'll need to get on the Play Store and download an app called Sixaxis that allows your bluetooth to recognize the PS3 controller. You'll also need a PC to change the controller's master bluetooth address, or have the lapdock accessory for your Bionic so you can just plug the controller into your Bionic and configure it through the Sixaxis app. And finally, you will need to be rooted for Sixaxis to work.

But I can personally attest to Sixaxis working on the Bionic and I used it for quite some time until I purchased my tablet and switched it to my main gaming station. So if you buy the GameKlip, it should work just fine since it's not actually being plugged into anything on the Bionic, it's just holding it in place.

I got most of my information on setting up the GameKlip specifically from here:
About The GameKlip | GameKlip

EDIT:
I found specifically what you are talking about. No, the Bionic won't work for the wired configuration, it doesn't support On-The-Go, which is Host mode. Sorry man.

OP
M

Memnoch

Reaction score
http://buy.thegameklip.com/pages/compatibility

This is the compatibility guide for the wired version of GameKlip where it mentions searching for the term “USB host enabled " I would prefer to use the wired version with my ps3 controller because I am happy with my phone and would rather not have to root just to use the wireless version.

OP
M

Memnoch

Reaction score
Oops just saw your edit. Thanks for the help!