usb driver/ unrevoked help rooting DI

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Goodseed, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Goodseed

Goodseed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I followed these instructions to root the phone: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/102748-how-root-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-a.html

Everything goes great until I reboot the phone normally and run the unrevoked flash tool for the first time. When I reboot the phone normally, the Add New Hardware Wizard starts up as if the phone is not recognized. The Device Manager shows "ADB" with an ! next to it. If I cancel out of the wizard and attempt to run the flash tool, it just sits there at the "waiting for device" stage and never progresses. What's the deal? I am running Windows XP and have followed all the instructions(usb debugging enabled, never installed HTC sync, etc). What's the deal?

2. Goodseed

Goodseed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just an update:

I tried the same rooting method on a windows vista machine and the process worked like a charm. I tried this method again on a different windows xp machine and got the same bad results as on the previous xp machine. Both of these PC's were 64bit machines.

So as an FYI, this method apparently DOES NOT WORK on a windows xp 64bit machine. Can anyone confirm this?

Search tags for this page
unrevoked 3-32
unrevoked usb driver
unrevoked windows drivers

unrevoked3 waiting for device