USB Driver Failed

JimiMack

Reaction score
I am having issues with now getting my PC to see my phone when connected via USB, I was looking to do a wipe and a clean install of JB to start over fresh. So I uninstalled my LG drivers and re-installed and each time after connecting the VS930 I get Failed Driver Install. Now I have come across what seems like 2 versions, 1 is version 2.52 and the other is 2.82 which is the most recent I just downloaded from the LG site. Any ideas on why I can not get this damn driver to properly install and recognize my phone again? Could I have deleted something off the phone that is not allowing the PC to see it, I like to remove unused files to thin it out and I may have deleted something I should not have. :)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i have had this happen before on other phones, under normal circumstances its been a phone issue (bad rom, software, you deleted files etc). if it wont recognize when trying to flash software from your pc to phone its almost always a driver or pc issue.

sorry i cant be of more help

OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
Yeah I can not get the PC to see the phone at all. I have tried removing the drivers and re-installing several times with no luck. Just scratching my head on this... on why all of a sudden the PC is not seeing the phone. Thanks though.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
if you didnt recently delete any more files then im not sure. i would try another usb cable, try on another pc to verify if its the phone or pc, if phone then factory reset.
thats how i would approach it.

OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
Thanks, tried them all with no good results. I can not even do a restore because I can not get the pc to see the phone.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Maybe try going to Device Manager on your PC & update your drivers there. And maybe make sure that usb debugging is checked on your phone.

Tapped from a Nexus

OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, I had tried all of those before with no luck. Spent some time with Verizon on the phone and they have just said the hell with it, we send you another one. :)

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
just curious, at some point you booted into recovery and did a factory reset?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Any chance you are using fast charge? It disconnects the hard drive of the phone and so when you connect your phone to the pc the pc gets glitchy. I would also suggest that you uninstall an device that has a question mark next to it, reboot computer, then disconnect the phone then install the drivers from the device website then reboot pc then connect your phone to the pc. If the pc still balks at your phone: follow this website http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/113305-better-way-find-drivers.html#post975663

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
According to Verizon the driver is kept on the phone it"s self. That supposedly we do not need to install any drivers that once the phone is connected it will draw from the diver on the phone. Now I never heard of this nor do I truly believe it but it is possible and more than likely I had deleted this "file" in my attempt to rip out as many apps and files as I can in trying to strip this phone down to the bare basics. But hey, they are sending a replacement phone, lets start from scratch again and find out how long I can strip this one down till I fry it. I would kill for an unlocked boot-loader and a simple ASOP rom.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I didn't even know LG had an android skin. It's possible that the phone came prepackaged with a self install file. I would strongly recommend that you head over to LG's website and find the driver from them. It should solve everything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
The first thing I did was grab the driver from LG and with no luck it still did not work. It was after I exhausted every Ave. I reached out to Verizon. So they send another phone and we try from there.

micrors4

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my phone, I ended up connecting it to another computer that had never had the drivers installed and it worked perfectly.

Layvin1

Reaction score
The first thing I did was grab the driver from LG and with no luck it still did not work. It was after I exhausted every Ave. I reached out to Verizon. So they send another phone and we try from there.

Did you ever try a different USB cable? They can go bad. Could also be a registry issue. On the other hand, maybe you can get it to work again since the new one is on its way and be able to crack that bootloader! You would be a Legend to everyone! Good luck! ;^)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

OP
JimiMack

JimiMack

Reaction score
I thank everyone for your suggestions and yes I had tried each one on the first day I was having issues. I received the replacement unit yesterday and Bang all was fine with the new unit, so the issue was with the original phone. Once again thanks.