USB 'drive' no longer available??? [Solved]

Discussion in 'LG G2' started by WolfR1, Dec 14, 2013.

1. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    When I first got this phone I plugged into my PC and chose the USB flash drive ability to copy over ring tones. Yes, the ring tones are there and I did not dream this as I've been regularly using two of those ring tones on my phone. Recently I've downloaded a few new ring tones but cannot get them onto the phone via USB any more. Whenever I plug the phone into a USB port the phone shows "Connected as an installer". When I go to choose USB connection method there are four options available, none of which avail the USB storage to me. Charge Phone, Media sync (MTP), Internet Connection, and Camera (PTP).

Ok I've just figured this out while writing this and it's kind of annoying so I figure I'll finish to post to get the info out there. Not sure if this is endemic to all Android devices...

When I plug the phone into a PC via USB it goes into the installer mode and won't do anything but installer (even if I choose other connection methods). However if I choose Charge Phone, wait for it to switch solely to charging mode THEN go back and choose Media synch mode I have access as a USB drive on my PC.

Irritating that I have to go through so many steps and this appears to be a Verizon thing rather than an LG thing. Sometimes, no most times I really hate Verizon...

2. CJM

CJM Super Moderator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,822
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/Corey
    Thanks for posting your fix

Search tags for this page

connected as an installer#gsc.tab