USB doesn't mount after last update

linkdead

Reaction score
After the last OTA update the Fascinate won't mount on any PC. Using factory cable, debug on or off makes no diff. Phone charges ok but PC doesn't notice the phone. Used to work, what gives?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

millwood

Reaction score
Did you root after updating? I have had this same problem since I went to ComRom 2.0 and above. The phone just randomly quits recognizing a USB connection other than to charge. I have not been able to find any answer as to why, but when I did a factory reset I was able to again connect to my PC.

OP
L

linkdead

Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't able to root the phone again since I couldn't get the pc to see it through the USB connection. Perhaps a factory reset would do the trick. Will I have to repurchase the apps I have loaded though?

millwood

Reaction score
I have read conflicting things about the apps. Some have said that they are synced by google once you log back into your google account and then into the Market, others have said they did not have any luck doing that. So I cannot give you a definitive answer. I have never had to worry about it.

OP
L

linkdead

Reaction score
I ended up using Astro to back up the apps then did a factory reset. Got everything back but USB still doesn't mount. :(

rdgxray

Reaction score
I had same problem. Nothing fixed it. Verizon sent me a refurbish. I haven't had any problems with it yet. I haven't tried to mount though. There are a million fixes for this problem, tried them all. Nothing worked. Talk to Verizon. Get a refurbish if being able to mount matters.

Cgries

Reaction score
Try turning phone on while plugged into computer. This worked for me.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I had problem a with mounting. I use media sync (sync playlists of music using MediaMonkey) instead of mass storage mode and my Fascinate would not do either! I also developed that texts were not sending all the time, possible missed calls. Did I mention terrible barry life? Lol. So called for my first CLNR replacement and I can media sync and mass storage, battery life a little better, but worse for the missed calls and texts! Called about the missed calls and they offer a replacement to either Droid X2 or Incredible 2. The Incredible 2 arrives today..