USB Device Not Recognized

sinthome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1080M
Hi, I am at my wit' s end with this. I ended up reinstalling Windows just trying to get my laptop to connect with my phone. First it was Windows 7, now I have a fresh install of Windows 8. Same exact problem. I have been on the phone with customer support for over three hours. Useless. Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix it?

The phone is a Droid Maxx XT1080M on Verizon. The laptop is a Thinkpad X200T. I have tried multiple different USB cables and every USB port, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling as admin of Motorola Device Manager, using the Microsoft FixIt utility, mader sure USB Debugging is on then off then on, I have tried deleting the unrecognized device in Device Manager, flashing the phone, 3rd party pc-phone management software.. and now a clean install of Windows. Friggin everything. I am about ready to get out a sledgehammer. Please help.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Does Windows show that it is installing the drivers for the device? You also may want to look at what mode the usb port is in inside the phone. It should not be in photo mode

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I know that when I bought my Droid Maxx 2 months ago, I had an older version of Moto Device Manager installed & it worked fine for my Razr M...but not on the Droid Maxx. As soon as I updated to the latest version of MDM, my Maxx connects to my home PC and work PC...both running Win 7. When you said you tried "flashing your phone" what did you mean by that?