USB device not recognized when plugged into computer

Thunderlizard

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't see the answer so i wanted to post...

I found that the problem came from some services being killed by my Advanced Task Killer. Once I went through my Autokill list and removed anything that looked like it would affect the connectivity from the list, and rebooted the phone, all was fine. What alerted me to this was the fact that my phone connected fine before adding the Task Killer.
Hope this helps anyone else puzzled by this (and saves a trip to the store for a replacement!) - TL

MrTommy

Reaction score
I didn't see this in the recent posts, but always, ALWAYS go for a re-boot of the phone when stuff goes wrong. I find this fixes easily 90 percent of my problems. I was experiencing the same problem of my desktop not recognizing my phone when I plugged it in to download a bunch of pictures. Wifey comes it and asks if I re-booted yet. Uh, no. So I re-booted and immediately it found my phone, like it always does.

ralphe

Reaction score
I"m running win xp pro and this is how I got my Thunderbolt to connect. I am using HTC sync software. I enabled usb debugging, I formatted my micro sd card, when xp recognized the drive in my computer, i highlighted the drive, right clicked properties, in properties i found "populate", clicked populate, restarted windows, plugged the phone in and it did all the things it was supposed to do, the usb symbol popped up, the sync options appeared and its been working ever since.
I know it doesn't make sense but it worked. The solution I got from the Verizon store was to buy a card reader.

Last edited: