USB Connection & Touchscreen Issue

imadejoolaff

Reaction score
Been noticing this over the past couple days and just narrowed down the specifics. I tether using PDAnet often and hop back and forth between using the computer and my phone. However, with my phone plugged in (charging) my touch screen acts like it's already being touched somewhere else. Preverted thoughts aside, it constantly uses multitouch controls like zooming in/out, entering a random keypress after I hit a letter, etc.

Any idea what could be causing this or proposed solution besides reflashing? I haven't experienced this outside of MIUI but I did also change kernels when I flashed. Just really hoping the kernels not the issue.

~Sent with permission from the Alpha Phone~

Edit: D1 with MIUI 1.2.11 and Slayher1.2g kernel.

fizeke136

Reaction score
Been noticing this over the past couple days and just narrowed down the specifics. I tether using PDAnet often and hop back and forth between using the computer and my phone. However, with my phone plugged in (charging) my touch screen acts like it's already being touched somewhere else. Preverted thoughts aside, it constantly uses multitouch controls like zooming in/out, entering a random keypress after I hit a letter, etc.

Any idea what could be causing this or proposed solution besides reflashing? I haven't experienced this outside of MIUI but I did also change kernels when I flashed. Just really hoping the kernels not the issue.

~Sent with permission from the Alpha Phone~

Edit: D1 with MIUI 1.2.11 and Slayher1.2g kernel.

I'm pretty sure its not the kernel because I experience this too whenever my phone is plugged into the charger and I'm using the stock kernel. And I'm not sure if re-flashing will work either because I've noticed this with pretty much every build of MIUI that I have used, and I've been on this ROM for a while now. But other than that, I too would like to know what could possibly be causing this.

kamisan

Reaction score
Noise on ur USB. Cheap power adaptors do the same thing. I have cheap and decent USB cables cheap always mess the touch and cause other issues. Noise from noisy power will cause the same issue with any USB cable. When I use USB on my laptop in my car it does it also

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App