USB connection problems

redroid

Reaction score
Ok so here is the problem, I went to root my new droid 3, I had a droid 2 global that I rooted so i am not ignorant to the ways of rooting. However, when I connected my phone to my computer via the USB cable, nothing happened. No notification of connection, no choice of charge only, sync, etc. It just charges thinking its plugged into a wall. So I update the drivers on the computer thinking that it is the reason for the lack of connection, and still nothing. So I tried using other computers, same issue, even tried a different cable, and still no luck. So I guess what I would like to know is if anyone has ran into this issue before, and if so how did they remedy the situation. Or is there another way to root the droid 3 without connecting a computer? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

KiNicki

Reaction score
I have tried every no PC method thrown at me and none of them worked. I also was having issues with my laptop recognizing my Droid suddenly. I uninstalled then reinstalled the driver sodtware then I am sure there is a more sophistcated way of going about it, but I just disconnected and reconnected until it finally caught on. I did finally get it to root using almost that same method though.

Last edited: