USB connection problem

huskur

Reaction score
Ok.....maybe i am missing something. I would like to add music and picture files to my droid. I plug in the USB cable and i cannot access the SD card.

What is the best way to transfer music and picture files to the droid?

Thanks in advance for the help

raven1911

Reaction score
You have to mount the phone by bringing down the notification menu (after you plug in your phone) and hitting the "usb connected" icon and then choose mount. This will give you access to what is on your SD card.

slawburger

Reaction score
You have to mount the phone by bringing down the notification menu (after you plug in your phone) and hitting the "usb connected" icon and then choose mount. This will give you access to what is on your SD card.

Thanks! I was having the same problem. I didn't realize that I could pull down the USB indicator in the top graphic to view a menu. I thought it was just an indicator icon.

mjs31

Reaction score
Search engine works many times :) This question gets asked a lot by new comers since it is a little different compared to other phones.

D

dvdcatalyst

Right right but what I mean is that I can't figure out how to play the videos from my phone on my 60 inch tv through the usb

I have serious doubts that that will work. I guess I missed that part of the thread.

The USB on most TV's is mainly used for watching pictures from a USB stick. While there are a few TVs out (recently) that can play video files through USB, it is quite rare.
To watch your videos from your phone on your TV you need an actual TV-out on the phone to be able to do it. The Droid X has HDMI-out which works great for that, but the original Droid and Droid 2 do not have that.

squire.253

Reaction score
alright so when i pull down the notification menu..
it says "usb connection" opposed to what i keep seeing "usb connected" and theres no mount option ?!!
so im trying to download datpiff media files to my phone but its not going very well .
any help would be appreciated

D

dvdcatalyst

USB Connection is correct.
then select USB Mass Storage

After that, it should appear on your computer as a removable drive.

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
alright so when i pull down the notification menu..
it says "usb connection" opposed to what i keep seeing "usb connected" and theres no mount option ?!!
so im trying to download datpiff media files to my phone but its not going very well .
any help would be appreciated
What phone are you using? I noticed that my brother's HTC android phone didn't have the same mounting options as my Motorola Droid android phone.

droidude666

Reaction score
Please help im having the same problem , i pull down the drop down menu and hit mass storage icon , but the sd card will not mount . Therefore no way to add music to my R2D2 Droid 2

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I had the problem on the ally... ur going to have to find the driver package for ur phone on the website (ex. Lg, motorola... ). After getting them install them into ur computer. Then connect ur phone after to a diff usb than before. It should work just fine...

Also if ur connecting to pc for sd card reasons, make sure usb debugging mode is not on.

(Menu, settings, applications, developement)

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<