usb connection not working

nickflex85

Reaction score
hey guys.. new to the forum... i just bought my droid the other day and was wondeing why when i hook my droid to the usb it wont open... its in my computer but it says to insert disk into E drive??? thanks..

mjs31

Reaction score
Ok...so you plug it in and then go to your drop down menu on the Droid and select "mount"? We need to make sure you are doing this.

For the record...I run windows 7 on my main desktop, Vista on my laptop and xp at work and I have connected to all of them since updating without issue.

Typically when you see the insert disk it is for a multi drive type device. Could be a card reader with many slots etc. Are you sure you selected the correct drive? Also...not typical with Win 7, but other operating systems had some issues with assigning the same drive letter to multiple devices. This does not sound like that though. If you have a card reader plugged in to your computer unplug it. Otherwise, make sure you are selecting the correct drive. The droid will not show up unless you select "mount" from the drop down menu on the Droid after plugging it into your computer.

Last edited:

Mmracing

Reaction score
mjs31,
I haven't post about this for fear of being told to "search" the forums, which I have done and did not find a solution. But maybe you have a suggestion for me. I can plug in the Droid to my Win Vista 32 bit computer and mount with no problems. A drive letter is assigned and I can access the files on the sd card. But with my Win Vista 64 bit notebook I connect the Droid and mount the phone... I get the expected Autoplay popup window and I choose to "Open folder to view files". I then get the please insert a disk into F: drive. I also notice that the sd card in the Droid dismounts and I get a message on the Droid saying "Preparing SD Card". To make a long story short, I can not get the USB connect to work on my 64 bit notebook. I do have PDAnet installed on my notebook and have made sure it is not running... but still have the problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Jankins

Reaction score
Hi All, I have used my Driod for storing files from my PC. I know about having to mount the Driod SD card when connection to the PC. But all of a sudden when I connect nothing happens. I no longer have the option to mounting the SD card on my Driod. Also My PC dose not see the Driod.

Any ideas?