USB Connection Not Detected

curtiso

Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time getting my Win7 computer to see the Droid3. I have an 8g SD card in that the droid sees just fine but on connection to the computer all it does is charge. I downloaded some drivers from Motorola but that didn't help.
Any clues?

rvcjew

Reaction score
on your notification bar on phone pull it down and choose usb then hit usb mass storage and ok, post if that helps.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
isn't that what i just said? not trying to flame just asking. also yeah you diffidently must use the cable from moto.

Come again? I don't see where you posted a link to that other thread.

You have to use the moto cable diffidently? That's pretty funny.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Come again? I don't see where you posted a link to that other thread.

You have to use the moto cable diffidently? That's pretty funny.
lol i had a brain fart and auto correct did that and i was like its good enough. i meant that thread you posted to said to do what i suggested, I think.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
lol i had a brain fart and auto correct did that and i was like its good enough. i meant that thread you posted to said to do what i suggested, I think.

Lol, it happens. Oh well, whatever.

I was trying to do 2 things:
1) point to another recent thread where people were already discussing this
2) point to a thread where it says to use the moto cable

OP
C

curtiso

Reaction score
Should have read more first

Thanks all. I should have read deeper into the forum boards before posting. I was not using the original cable and once I did magic happened. Who knew...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Thanks all. I should have read deeper into the forum boards before posting. I was not using the original cable and once I did magic happened. Who knew...

It's a new "Verizon-approved feature" of Gingerbread...

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I just received my DROID 3 yesterday from Verizon with the green and black charger. I was having problems with the screen acting weird when plugged into the wall and my computer would not recognize the phone. After an hour with tech support, they decided to send me a new phone. After I got home that night, just to see I got my motorola charger from my DROID 2 and of course, problem solved.

Last edited: