USB Connection - Make MTP Default on JB?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by BrendonSF, Dec 17, 2012.

1. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

Since updating my SIII to Jelly Bean with the official update, the phone now defaults to "installer" mode where it behaves like a CD everytime I connect it to a computer. I want it to default to MTP (media transfer mode) like it used to prior to the update. Anyone have this figured out?
  2. nemesis4670

nemesis4670 New Member

I am having this exact same issue. If I try manually switching over to MTP it just switches back to installer. I basically have to let it connect as an installer and then it will automatically switch to MTP after about 10 seconds. I cannot speed the process up nor do it manually otherwise I'm caught in an endless loop of it switching back to installer.

I just have to let it go on it's own which is incredibly annoying. Didn't start happening until the JB update.
  3. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

I'm guessing no one has an answer on this? I'm surprised Google isn't coming up with anything either. This is a fairly significant nuance.
  4. MuGGzy

MuGGzy New Member

Same issue but mine never goes to MTP or PTP on it's own. I have to manually drag down the status bar and select USB and check MTP to get the PC to recognize it.
    Kies will not connect to the phone either regardless of which USB mode I try (Installer/MTP/PTP) and the "connection troubleshooter" blows as all it does is re install teh USB drivers over and over.

Has anyone figured this one out??:blink:
  5. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

I realize this is an MTP discussion, but does anyone know the rationale for abandoning Mass USB? Things used to be so much simpler. Also, there are so many accessories that leverage mass USB and will never support MTP. I now have to stream music via Bluetooth to my car because USB doesn't work.
Search tags for this page

connected as an installer

galaxy s3 connected as an installer

galaxy s3 connected as installer

galaxy s3 mtp settings
how to change from mtp to ptp on samsung galaxy s3
how to change samsung gs3 to mtp
how to select between mtp and ptp mode in samsung galaxy s3
how to switch mtp to ptp samsung galaxy s3
s3 connected as an installer
s3 connected as installer
samsung connected as an installer