usb cable

G'Ner

Reaction score
I am in need of a couple of these, is this a standard usb cable or is it a propreitary motorola cable? If its a standard what is it called so I can look it up (eg: usb micro A). Also who supplies the best quality at the lowest price. (eg monoprice.com)

Any cheap oem retailers?

mrschmitz

Reaction score
It's a standard micro USB cable. I bought a bunch from Monoprice.com and they all worked great for charging/data transfer.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Not all standard USB to micro USB will work to recharge though. Someone reported that theirs would transfer data, but would not charge the battery. I bought a high quality generic cable from my local electronics store (not Radio Shack) and it is like that. The Droid said that it was charging, but the battery monitor just stayed at 30% for an hour. I unplugged it and changed to the cable that came with the Droid and it charged up normally. That cable does do USB data transfers fine though. I don't know what the deal is, but it does have one of those magnets surrounding one end, so perhaps that is the problem. I don't know enough about what the purpose of those are, so I'm just guessing.

ksarauer

Reaction score
The Monoprice cables are working for me. I bought 5 of them because they are so cheap!