1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

usb cable not recognized

Discussion in 'Droid X Accessories' started by -pH, Jan 12, 2011.

1. -pH

-pH New Member

i have a droid x, running rubix focused 1.6, kernel ver. 2.6.32.9 and it seems that it will only recognize the supplied oem cable. when i use an aftermarket cable it does not charge, it does not recognize it as a mass storage device, or even recognize that usb is plugged in. the display does turn on on connection but that is the extent of recognition.
    i am plugging directly into my laptop, i have tried various cables and plugging direct and through a hub both to no avail.
    any body have ideas?
    thanks,
    -pH
  2. timrock

timrock New Member

3. -pH

-pH New Member

pc does not recognize the phone, so there is no way to install the drivers manually.
    at this point i am not sure if its win7 64-bit, the kernel version i am using, or...?
    i have ruled out the cable for charging at least as it does charge plugged into the ac adapter.
Search tags for this page

droid x does not recognize usb

droid x2 will not reconize charger

s4 no recognising usb cable