1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

USB busted, need to return Droid to stock

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dancingcrab, Jun 29, 2010.

1. dancingcrab

dancingcrab New Member

I was running Pete's rooted 2.1 ROM on my Droid. A couple of days ago, my kitten pulled the Droid off my bedside table causing it to fall on its side with the USB plugged in, destroying the socket. I definitely can no longer use a USB cable to attach it to my PC, and it generally won't take a charge. Nightmare.

I called VZW and the lovely rep said she'd send me a warranty replacement despite it being the cat's fault and knowing that I don't have insurance. It should be arriving today.

My problem is that I want to return the Droid to a stock image before sending it back, but when I try this using ROM Manager, via Clockwork Recovery (the unrooted 2.0.1 ROM), I get an error reporting something about Facebook.apk, and then 'Installation Aborted'. WTF?

I then flashed SPRecovery, but same thing.

Can anyone help? Not only do I want to return to a stock image, but ultimately if there was some means to put the original recovery software on (without hooking it up to the PC, obviously), then I'd do that too.

Thanks!
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

There is an app called websharing which allows you to transfer files over wifi between your phone and computer which you could use instead of the usb. I have not tried this app, however, but it may help you with your dilemma.
    Let me know how it works and send me a message if you need more help
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

only idea is to istall rom manager and click unroot to stock option.
  4. dancingcrab

dancingcrab New Member

Thanks for the responses!

ROM Manager wouldn't work when unrooting to 2.0.1, I'd get an error about Facebook.apk and then an 'Installation Aborted' message.

I read in the stickies here about DMUpdater, so I gave that a spin last night, and what do you know - it worked!!

Now my only problem is having SPRecovery on there instead of stock recovery. Any more suggestions? Remember, I can't use RSDLite as my USB is bust.
  5. forkup

forkup New Member

You can use flash_image with a terminal app if you can find a stock recovery image.
    Code: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery_image_name
  6. pc747

ok I know your batter did not last this long. If you are able to charge it you should be able to hook it up to your computer.
  7. dancingcrab

dancingcrab New Member

Heheh. Sorta right. My battery did die, but my warranty replacement came yesterday and I charged it via that. However, I could charge the battery via the bust Droid if I got the angle just right, but I couldn't use it for data as the contacts had all broken off.

Where could I get a stock recovery image??
  8. pc747

in droid mod you can click stock recovery image.
  9. pc747

10. dancingcrab

dancingcrab New Member

Thanks for responding, but I'm not sure you're reading my post's in there entirety...

As I stated above, DMUpdater has successfully fixed my stock image problem - the bust Droid now has 2.0.1 on it. However, I am now wondering if there is a method of reverting to a stock recovery (i.e. not SPRecovery) without using RSDLite.