USB audio now working with 2.1!!!!

wiskeychris

Reaction score
This was not working before 2.1 but it sure is now. I plug my Droid into my USB port in my car radio, then mount my droid for USB. My stereo searches, finds and plays all the music on my Droid. AWESOME!!

peterjariel

Reaction score
This is awsome I'm sure it sound 100 times better than the stupid headphone jack I gotta try it
Also maybe next update we can get video output from it too. That will be awsome!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The stereo is pulling the files off the droid and playing them.

The droid is not playing files and sending them to the stereo.

jpeter1093

Reaction score
In other words, it won't work with streaming services like Slacker or Pandora.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
At least, if correct, it means you can now mount your Droid in your Car for your stereo to pull music from it.

I never tried mine on usb prior, just routed audio, and that audio jack issue was fixed in 2.1.

JCo352

Reaction score
Umm does this maybe mean, it will work with the xbox 360 now?

biggestmexi

Reaction score
When you mount your droid, your really only turning it into a flashdrive.

Thats all your doing.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No -- there were definitely people doing this well before 2.1 ever showed up. I've seen a number of threads on this very topic.

The OP's head unit may have not recognized the Droid before being updated to 2.1 for some reason.

GeLopez

Reaction score
as soon as i read this i went to try it on mine... my Kameleon JVC EXAD KD-AVX77 now recognizes the droid using usb to search for music on my card. all this after the ota 2.1 update. bluetooth was my only option before now i can go wired if i want. yeaaaa :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
W

wiskeychris

Reaction score
But if you mount it like this you cannot use Maps or navigation

Not true. You simply will not hear the audio through your car speakers. It was working fine for me yesterday.

I know that USB audio was not working for me and a number of others before the 2.1 release.

GeLopez

Reaction score
But if you mount it like this you cannot use Maps or navigation

Not true. You simply will not hear the audio through your car speakers. It was working fine for me yesterday.

I know that USB audio was not working for me and a number of others before the 2.1 release.

i just went out there again. maps, navigation, gps and music all work

tehpriest

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the navigation maps data were stored on the SD card and that they would not be available when it was mounted and so in use by the music player/PC or whatever. Maybe it is different with Google maps.