USB/AC Connection Problems

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
I have a pretty big problem and need some guided help. My stock samsung usb charger sometimes charges the phone and sometimes does not. Tried multiple different chords and got the same results, sometimes works sometimes does not. So now I am assuming this is an internal hardware problem soo I decided I should flash stock images, unroot and relock the bootloader and here comes the worst problem.... My device is NOT recognized when I connect it to my PC... therefor I can't access adb connection to flash stock images so I can return it to VZW....

Not sure what to do next.. any suggestions would be great...

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ha don't take this the wrong way but you may have to use a little foreplay with the cord. Mine does that often when I am trying to plug it in to test while Theming.
Sometimes I have slide the plug into the phone really slow to get it to connect and other times just plugging it in will do it. I too have tried multiple cords and different USB ports.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Ha don't take this the wrong way but you may have to use a little foreplay with the cord. Mine does that often when I am trying to plug it in to test while Theming.
Sometimes I have slide the plug into the phone really slow to get it to connect and other times just plugging it in will do it. I too have tried multiple cords and different USB ports.

Tried that, it gets it to charge sometimes but my main concern right now is getting it to become recognized when I connect to it my PC. I really need to lock this phone back up so I can return it to Samsung or Verizon, I know it's a hardware problem....

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hat to say it chuck but either way your faced with the same issue. Sometimes I cannot even get mine to charge let alone get my PC to recognize it. The ONLY way I have got it to recognize/ charge sometimes is the soft wiggle or stick it to it. I think you will just have to mess with it, or buy a new cable with contacts that may touch better inside the nexus. Sorry man hope you get

OP
ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
I hat to say it chuck but either way your faced with the same issue. Sometimes I cannot even get mine to charge let alone get my PC to recognize it. The ONLY way I have got it to recognize/ charge sometimes is the soft wiggle or stick it to it. I think you will just have to mess with it, or buy a new cable with contacts that may touch better inside the nexus. Sorry man hope you get

Thanks man I do too. I would really just like to replace the entire phone since I pay 6$ a month just for the warranty. I never thought I'd have this problem where I can't even flash stock images to return it to factory state so I can hide that I 'voided' my warranty by taking advantage of Android's openness.