Usage...

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
as for me, i've gotten use to turning off my when i go to sleep. and turnin it back on in the morning. i'd leave it all night if i was able to text/call in my sleep..lol

well, i just wanted everyone's input, if they have there smartphones on 24/7 or not

cb2000a

Reaction score
Mine is on 24/7...at night I just turn off the sound when I put it in the charging dock.

Joker

Reaction score
I leave mine on 24/7. Charge it every other day, although recently with angry birds and this DF app, I can't quite make it to my 2nd night to charge. Need a little boost mid day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Wolf Irotisha

Reaction score
I leave mine on 24/7. Charge it every other day, although recently with angry birds and this DF app, I can't quite make it to my 2nd night to charge. Need a little boost mid day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Same But also using Fission 2.0 i think is killing my battery also. But before when i had the OG NOT-ROOTED i was able to go about 3-4 days w/o charging. but that was just with texting.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
charge every night. usually down to 50% by the end of the day

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Koolio, yea I was thinking about how other ppl use there phones,
There was this post that I read about battery usage. How many of you guys who have the droud x have Task Killers app install in your phones?
I using it before I read the post and after I read into it, I went in and uninstalled it..=]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How many of you guys who have the droud x have Task Killers app install in your phones?

Answer should be no one....:icon_ banana:

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Right!
But the task killer app was installed by the ppl at verizon when I got the DX..but its uninstalled now..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right!
But the task killer app was installed by the ppl at verizon when I got the DX..but its uninstalled now..

Verizon sales reps don't know squat about Android OS. Proof is this statement here! Countless people have said the same thing.

My buddy just picked up an X and first thing I noticed was the rep put a task killer and an anti-virus on their device! Needless to say those were gone quickly...

... and on topic, I charge my phone every night. Some days it goes on the charger with 70% battery left, others it's under 20%. Depends on the day, but it always goes on the charger.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I charge every night no matter what.
Usually in my down time I use tapatalk a lot so I need to charge every day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I charge every night and never turn my phone off.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

dcook12

Reaction score
I need a boost mid day also because at work sometimes I am in areas that do not get reception and I know the phone is searching which drains the battery.. I just never know where I am going to be so turning it on and off 30 times a day would drain it more...I just put it on my car charger on the way home or earlier if it needs a midday boost. Otherwise at home it's on 24/7 also on the charger...

OP
Droid_Boi86

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score

Kuku..
So all the stuff I hear from ppl who say if you keep your phone chargin for a long period of time, say for instance. Charging it over night, that ur battery would pretty much be useless, or would be draining out faster isn't true?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I've never heard of charging all nite causing a problem. My wifes got a DX and she does this with no issues at all with her battery.

Sent from somewhere...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Kuku..
So all the stuff I hear from ppl who say if you keep your phone chargin for a long period of time, say for instance. Charging it over night, that ur battery would pretty much be useless, or would be draining out faster isn't true?

That could be potentially true if you were using an inferior device or maybe a mismatched charger but the fact is once the phone is full of juice it stops accepting charge from the usb, just enough to keep the phone on not to charge the battery. That is my understanding.