US S5 Lollipop Officially Released

newmanx4

Reaction score
It can be a hassle for sure but it usually clears things up. My bluetooth is actually worse with Lollipop. When I'm in my truck it will completely stop playing music for up to 10 seconds at times.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
It can be a hassle for sure but it usually clears things up. My bluetooth is actually worse with Lollipop. When I'm in my truck it will completely stop playing music for up to 10 seconds at times.
sorry to hear that, my dropouts are a second or 2 at most. Do you have the same problem with other Bluetooth devices and does the app make any difference?

newmanx4

Reaction score
It works well with a Beats Pill, just has the occasional hiccup. With my Sony stereo in my truck it worked well with Kitkat but they don't play so nice together with Lollipop.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
That's really weird! My issues have been pretty consistent across all BT devices and music/podcast apps, and I didn't see any obvious change going to Lollipop. Good luck, hope you can find a solution!

loco

Reaction score
Honestly, now that I have been running Lollipop for a bit.....I really feel like it was over hyped. Its nice, but I was expecting it to "Wow" me. So far, there is no wow factor.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Honestly, now that I have been running Lollipop for a bit.....I really feel like it was over hyped. Its nice, but I was expecting it to "Wow" me. So far, there is no wow factor.

Probably because it's mostly under the hood changes that go relatively unnoticed for Samsung devices. While there certainly are some visual changes for the better, Touch Whiz really hides a lot of Lollipop's visual "wow" factor (along with some of the "wow" from its features).

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Most updates are extremely "over-hyped".... but you do get the occasional wow factor. From froyo to gingerbread was nice and from JellyBean to KitKat was nice....all the rest over the years have been meh....imo.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not too mention, people get upset when things change too drastically.

To members of this forum, these updates might not seem like much, but for the average consumer who finally got used to how the software looked and worked, it seems like a lot more.
I remember updates on the g1 that added the ability to take videos & added the on screen keyboard. Those were pretty big changes, even if they were more than welcomed.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few reboots might do wonders and avoid the need to fdr. Power off, leave off for a couple of minutes, power back on. Repeat if needed.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

BobDog437

Reaction score
A question....I just got a Note Edge yesterday and just discovered it will not send music through the USB, using my iBolt car docks and my Samsung desktop dock. In looking around, I found out this function for some reason disappeared with the S5, Note 4/Edge. There is anticipation, this may be corrected with the Lollipop update. Can anyone let me know if this happened. I am now awaiting the update and not sure if I want to keep the phone, is it won't work. May go back to my S4.....for now. Thanks.

Jason_T

Reaction score
Ha I just got step 2 anyone know if muniz has got a newer update for the s5 second lollipop update

Jason_T

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1427775496285.png

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk