US Release NOT the 21st.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Guys, preorders haven't even opened yet. I would expect preorders to start at least a week before release, so we still have a ways to go, unfortunately.

Sent using common sense.

baldybill

Reaction score
Well, the leaked chart shows the 21st for Web Only purchases. So, I would expect that to be the pre-orders.

AshesInPompeii

Reaction score
I don't ever remember needing to pre-order a phone. The iPhone always have pre-orders, as did the Razr (and probably others, as I haven't paid much attention to them, I am not sure). The Rezound didn't have pre-orders, and it came out. Without a date, all this speculation is pretty silly, but I would rather think that the photos of things (while they could be easily doctored...) are more true than the lack of something (i.e. pre-orders).

mrmark27

Reaction score
I dont expect a pre-order on the GNex. Outside of the android fans on these forums, there is no buzz around the phone, there's been no marketing and promoting, so why bother with a pre-order? It will be similar to the rezound, announced date shortly before it actually gets sold in the stores.

Also, regarding the leak saying the 21st was leaked as Web Only, what it said was "w/o". People speculated web order or web only, but there was also some talk that it could be "week of"

screaminz2002

Reaction score
It doesn't look like you could walk into a store on Monday and buy one or else we would here of shipments arriving already. I am curious if your basing this on anything or just throwing it out there for speculation?

ice456789

Reaction score
No offense to the OP, but do we really need to start a new thread with no new information?

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yeah.........about that release date. This phone had a countdown to a live streamed press conference that was hyped to hell. To think this phone isn't going to have a period of preorders before release is funny. I want the GNex just as much as the next guy, but let's look at things realistically and temper our expectations.

Sent using common sense.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
"It will be on store shelves sooner than you think."

lol

Sent using common sense.