US Cellular to Verizon.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been addressed... I'm looking at purchasing one of these great phones but I'm only finding some for US Cellular at the price I want. According to Verizon, their tech support said that they do not flash the phones anymore and cannot guarantee that the phone will work. Any experts on here have experience getting a US Cellular device flashed and working on Verizon?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Not sure if you can do that but of you don't like the price from Verizon then check out Amazon they run good deals

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
This is from our sister forum - VZW Note 2 was down to $199 via Amazon and Wirefly... Deal Alert : Verizon Price!

Not sure on the unlocking per carrier since that was recently ruled legally as "tabu" even tho you are own the device...

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Thanks guys. But... I still have unlimited internet and do not want to upgrade and screw up my plan. However, I found a US Cellular one for $500. Being given the OK from Verizon to flash the phone, I'm not worried about the stupid rules they have passed. I just want to make sure it is possible before I spend the money.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
You should check out XDA forums. They will be able to tell you if what you want to do is possible.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Thanks. That was my next stop anyway. I found that it is a CDMA device and it is 4GLTE. This at least gives me some hope that it should be possible. I went ahead and purchased it for $500. When it gets in, I will hopefully be able to get it working on VZW. At least I should be able to use it while deployed overseas.

You should check out XDA forums. They will be able to tell you if what you want to do is possible.