Urgent questions!

soulshot96

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone were to buy a gnex online or at full price if I could go to Verizon and switch my fascinate with the gnex even though I'm still on contract, Im also wondering if the insurance that I pay for my phone will transfer over to the gnex. I'm asking b/c I don't want to lose my unlimited 3g but I want a gnex, also I was wondering if it would cost extra to use 4g?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes you can switch the Gnex for your Fascinate.

Not sure about insurance, may be more money per month, or maybe it's a straight fee for all smart phones.

4g is the same price as 3g currently.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
OK but since I have unlimited 3g would I be able to use unlimited 4g on it without paying extra?

djras1

Reaction score
You should be able to switch the device on your current contract and keep your data plan. The insurance will not be transferred though. I have a Fascinate and swapped in an iPhone 4s for an hour that had been on my wife's line... no problems.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
I just want know that if i activate a gnex after deactivating my fascinate I would have 3g and 4g unlimitedly on the gnex while still paying the same $30 a month for data.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
That doesn't answer my question I know there the same price but I pay for 3g and I want to know if i put a gnex on my contract I can have 3g/4g for the same price as I normally pay for just 3g. In other words is 4g automatically included for a 4g phone as long as u have a norm data plan.

shaggykid

Reaction score
That doesn't answer my question I know there the same price but I pay for 3g and I want to know if i put a gnex on my contract I can have 3g/4g for the same price as I normally pay for just 3g. In other words is 4g automatically included for a 4g phone as long as u have a norm data plan.

How does it not answer your question? If they are the same price.. and you already have an unlimited plan why would you think you have to pay more?

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

ryguy5254

Reaction score
No, its not included. If you want 3G and 4G on your phone, you need to keep paying $30 for unlimited 3G, and to use 4G, you have to switch your phone to 4G, and then pay $30 for 4GB for a new tiered plan.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There is no 3g plan or 4g plan. You have a data plan. Whatever your phone uses is what it uses. Data is data, you're not paying for the speed of the network.

"Stay classy interwebz"

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Thank you sir. That is what I wanted to know.

nbucko

Reaction score
Yes 4g unlimited is the same price as 3g unlimited. They just change your plan to a 4g plan and you keep the unlimited.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, its not included. If you want 3G and 4G on your phone, you need to keep paying $30 for unlimited 3G, and to use 4G, you have to switch your phone to 4G, and then pay $30 for 4GB for a new tiered plan.

Let's not spread misinformation just because you're getting frustrated.

OP, 4g is the same price as 3g- no extra charges.

EDIT- sorry, missed page 2. ;)

ryguy5254

Reaction score
Stupid questions get stupid answers. If the data plan wasn't 3G/4G then it would have been what I said, and it sounds ridiculous. So to even ask that question was silly-billy.