Urgent Question!!!!!

hunt9270

Reaction score
Ok so im running UD 3.3.0 or whatever the latest version was as of 3 days ago. Its been rooted for about 4 months now, but about 10 minutes ago i ran into a big problem. I was using the phone for a call and once i hung up it just went into reboot and went to the white screen where it says HTC Incredible and just keeps rebooting itself and wont go past that screen. I rebooted into HBOOT and tried going into recovery mode to factory reset it then reflash the rom but it still wont get any further than the white screen. HELP!?!??!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried formatting system & then installing a ROM?

OP
H

hunt9270

Reaction score
the rom is already installed, has been for a few days. problem is i cant get past the white screen, even when i try to get into recovery mode in order to reformat. wont let me

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you haven't tried formatting system & reinstall?

If you can't get past the splash screen you're most likely going to need to start over.

OP
H

hunt9270

Reaction score
not sure exactly what you mean. i have tried rebooting into HBOOT by holding the down volume button and the power button. i then select the RECOVERY option, and i get a boot loop. did a battery pull, then went into HBOOT again, selected FACTORY RESET at the bottom, still get a boot loop. is one of those what you mean by reformatting??

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boot into hboot, then CWM recovery, then select mount options & format system. While you're at it you might as well factory reset & then proceed to reinstall your ROM.

OP
H

hunt9270

Reaction score
wont let me do that. i boot into HBOOT, and once i select the RECOVERY option, it just goes into a boot loop

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh much clearer. Well then RUU or PB31IMG is the only thing I know of.

OP
H

hunt9270

Reaction score
RUU??? sorry im not a complete noob at this but somewhat of an amateur

OP
H

hunt9270

Reaction score
Ok so im trying to install HTC Sync to my computer and its telling me this "The program can't start because tlib_log.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I have reinstalled 5 times now and even made sure my antivirus security was off like it told me to. Every time it says the same thing once i try to open HTC Sync

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume you're on Widows 7 or Vista. Try running it in XP compatibility & make sure you're an administrator.

OP
H

hunt9270

Reaction score
ok well HTC Sync opens but it wont do anything. I boot the phone into HBOOT, and it doesnt recognize. And how am i supposed to put a file onto the sd card without the phone turning on?