Urgent!! Please help!!! Please!! Urgent!

mfuchs88

Reaction score
I had a rooted Droid Incredible on 2.1. I hadn't done anything with the root, actually forgot i had it. I used "ROM Manager" to download a droid incredible 2.2 kernel thing, cause i read online that that was how i updated to 2.2. PLEASe help me, is there any way i can wipe the phone completely, send a file hack into it, do anything?! if not, what is the best thing i can say to verizon so i might be able to get a new phone for free? obviously i have voided the warranty with the root, so what is the best road i can take? PLEASE help! Otherwise im stuck with no phone and a 70$ a month plan.
Summary:
Droid Incredible 2.1
Rooted
Tried to update to 2.2
Bricked phone
Will only keep turning on and going through that "power on" cycle
Is not recognized by computer

fattire501

Reaction score
Hope this help.
Reboot in recovery mode.
There should be a specific method to get in recovery mode for droid inc. (ex: power button + home button)
Onve you boot in recovery mode then swipe data and cache. Reboot.

If this doesn't work. You have to sbf your phone. Please google 'rsd light' and 'sbf'.

don't panic there should be a solution. Googling helps a lot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

techguru

Reaction score
Recovery got inc is power and down volume. Otherwise follow post above.

Do you have insurance or just warranty? I am not one to recommend insurance fraud, but if you are posting the premiums there are options.

OP
M

mfuchs88

Reaction score
:)

Oh thanks so much, I figured it out. I was scared to take the battery out, but I got over it and then rebooted in recovery and restored from a backup I had. Whew! Thank you guys so much!!! I appreciate it!!