URGENT: If you bought your Bionic at COSTCO, get your DISCOUNT before it's too late!

ZimmTheSeries

Reaction score
Just wanted to alert all my fellow Bionic Owners that if you bought your Bionic at Costco for $289 that came with the bag of goodies, the phone is now $199 so go take your receipt in and get back the difference before the 90 days passes!

I bought my Bionic on release day. I had an occasional problem with the speaker so I exchanged it for a new Bionic last week. I could have exchanged it for a RAZR but I like Bionic better.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Just wanted to alert all my fellow Bionic Owners that if you bought your Bionic at Costco for $289 that came with the bag of goodies, the phone is now $199 so go take your receipt in and get back the difference before the 90 days passes!

I bought my Bionic on release day. I had an occasional problem with the speaker so I exchanged it for a new Bionic last week. I could have exchanged it for a RAZR but I like Bionic better.

+100 bionic rips

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dstreng

Reaction score
we just called costco. Its 30 day price drop for phones. 90 days for tvs

OP
Z

ZimmTheSeries

Reaction score
There is a big sign in the kiosk telling you it's 90 days. More importantly, I just did it so whoever you were talking with is wrong. Good luck.

OP
Z

ZimmTheSeries

Reaction score
One more thing, Costco.com: Return Policy - "Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones."

Now, go get your money!

OP
Z

ZimmTheSeries

Reaction score
Not everybody bought their phone on September 8, 2011. She liked my phone so much, I bought a Bionic for my wife in October so I have until January to get her discount. There are a lot of people out there who are still within their 90 days.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I got my price match refund several weeks ago - 84 days after my launch-day purchase.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I tried to do the price match & I was told by a supervisor & the kiosk that the price match was only 30 days.
you can return it or exchange it for a diifrent phone but not the same phone for up to 90 days.

OP
Z

ZimmTheSeries

Reaction score
I tried to do the price match & I was told by a supervisor & the kiosk that the price match was only 30 days.
you can return it or exchange it for a diifrent phone but not the same phone for up to 90 days.
Some of these kiosk people don't know what the hell they're talking about. And some of the main Costco people don't deal with cell phones enough so they defer to the kiosk people. By the way, one of the kiosk guys at one store said the opposite of what you were told. He said that you could only exchange for the same phone and not a different model. The 90 days is clearly on your contract and it's their nationwide store policy. Either go back and talk to somebody new or go to a different Costco. If they question you again, kindly point the kiosk guy to the big sign right behind them that says 90 days.

Just ditch the kiosk people all together and take your receipt to the main returns desk for the price adjustment.

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
Some of these kiosk people don't know what the hell they're talking about. And some of the main Costco people don't deal with cell phones enough so they defer to the kiosk people. By the way, one of the kiosk guys at one store said the opposite of what you were told. He said that you could only exchange for the same phone and not a different model. The 90 days is clearly on your contract and it's their nationwide store policy. Either go back and talk to somebody new or go to a different Costco. If they question you again, kindly point the kiosk guy to the big sign right behind them that says 90 days.

Just ditch the kiosk people all together and take your receipt to the main returns desk for the price adjustment.

When I got my refund, the $80 price drop was due to an instant rebate, and only the kiosk staff had that code. The guy at the kiosk confirmed that Costco's price match policy was limited to 30 days following purchase, but he gave me to code to bring to the customer service desk with my receipt anyway, telling me that it would be up to the people there to process or refuse the price match. The people at the customer service desk made no mention of a 30 day limit, and processed the price match without question.