{URGENT} I need some help!

gidkon

Reaction score
Hi, im new here to the forums and I got a incredible today for Christmas. I decided to follow a tutorial on how to root the phone and i used unrevoked3. It seemed to work fine until the end. I have the app called super user permissions and i tried to open it and all it did was open to a black screen. although i press menu and it opens to 2 options that don't seem to do much. I would like to root the phone but it just doesnt seem to work. Im new to all this so it would be awesome if someone could help me out. Thanks guys.

[EDIT] One more thing, i would also like to know if theres any way to download the paid apps for free.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Discussion of app piracy is forbidden on droid forums. As for rooting the super user app will open to a black screen unless it has already granted an app su permissions. Try downloading drocap2 and see if you can take a screenshot.

tappin and a talkin

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the superuser app will have a blank black screen until you allow an app to have root permission... download Root Explore (MUST HAVE) and open it.. it will ask you to allow root, click allow.... after that, when you open the superuser, it will have Root Explorer in the list...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This isn't really urgent, your phone is booted and working. The SU app is showing you a black screen because you didn't grant any permissions for it to show. App names will show up once you run a root app and give it permission.

Paid apps for free discussion is not allowed on here.

OP
G

gidkon

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replys guys, I see the root explorer app. Although i dont have any cash on me right now so i am downloading a free app called super manager. Will this app work also?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Most of the paid apps have a lite or trial version that you can use to see what you like. That's a good way to not shovel $ into the market for apps you may not use so you buy only the ones you want

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App