Urgent help needed...

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
HELP!!!
Ok, so my Droid was apparently making phone calls own it's own, or we have a ghost that follows me around and messes with my mind by calling people (sometimes two at a time). So, I contacted my friendly Verizon store as told to do by Verizon Wireless billing when I saw that my phone usage was pretty much doubled this past month.
Here's the current situation, I had put a new ROM on the phone and had to remove it by following some instructions to do so, and now while the phone from all appearance seems to be back to factory setting, all my incoming phone calls are going to directly to voicemail. Yes I know how to correct that under normal situations, but I don't have that option. Also I'm on the old 2.0 version and it's not giving me the option to check for updates any longer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you use SBF (3rd link in my signature) to get back to a factory out of the box non-rooted phone?

Sounds like you are still blocking updates. Are you on 2.0 or 2.01?

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
No, I did not try that to unroot. A friend of mine gave me some instructions on how to do and we tried those instructions together. I'll try to find it and post it later, had another emergency come up...

I am on 2.0, I do not have the option to checking for updates listed in the settings menu.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, I did not try that to unroot. A friend of mine gave me some instructions on how to do and we tried those instructions together. I'll try to find it and post it later, had another emergency come up...

I am on 2.0, I do not have the option to checking for updates listed in the settings menu.

So not only are you not getting the 2.1 update notice you also aren't getting the 2.01 update notice. Using that 3rd link in my signature will wipe all traces of your root activity from the phone. The updates should then occur, if you let them. You also can restore the previous rom you were on, if you have sprecovery as your bootloader.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Chris,

I apologize, I am on 2.0.1. I just tried what is describe in the 3rd link of your signature. However, I do step three nothing appears to be happening. Am I doing something wrong? I connect the USB, Run RSD lite 4.6, Turned of the phone and rebooted. While it was rebooting I held down the Up on the DPad. It booted normally.

Thanks again,
Robert

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try holding up before it reboots. Hold up, then power it on.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Thank you Vince, that did the trick.

Chris and Vince,
Thank you both, my phone is back to stock and I can now take it to the store to have my phone bill fixed, and exchange my droid. I really appreciate both of you helping me out.

Thanks again,
Robert:icon_ banana:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you Vince, that did the trick.

Chris and Vince,
Thank you both, my phone is back to stock and I can now take it to the store to have my phone bill fixed, and exchange my droid. I really appreciate both of you helping me out.

Thanks again,
Robert:icon_ banana:
Good to hear =)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
i think U should threw it away and replace by new one. ok?
i think U has bad englesh and spilling. U should go away. ok?

Haha now this was funny. If you didn't say something I was going to. His only post and it was illiterate, dumb and offered no help to the OP whatsoever.

Ok back on topic: glad you got your phone fixed. Hope the new droid works out better for you!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try holding up before it reboots. Hold up, then power it on.

All I could think of when I first saw this was "hold it up, wave it at the sun, do a little dance..." lol.

Glad the phone is all set.

+1 for the response to earlysummer84 - if you don't want to help someone when they are stuck, just don't. Just move on.