upside down contact droid

alm0614

Reaction score
For my contacts without pictures, the default android guy is there. Sometimes he's upside down, other times he's right side up. Explanation?

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I too, am curious. Most names are linked now, but every once in awhile, I notice it.

gszeman

Reaction score
That is by design. If the contact is upside down, that means that the contact you are viewing is above you (further North). If it is normal, the contact you are viewing is either lateral to you or below you (to the South). It uses the GPS locate function to do this.

Honestly, I have no clue...just had several Guinness.

eliassami5

Reaction score
lol i noticed that too a while ago, maybe its when you have a picture set for the contact but due to reseting your phone and re-synching your contacts it didnt automatically reset the pic, so if its upside down then you have a pic for that contact but its not set and if its ride side up you dont have a picture set for the contact

watbol

Reaction score
Hahaha

That is by design. If the contact is upside down, that means that the contact you are viewing is above you (further North). If it is normal, the contact you are viewing is either lateral to you or below you (to the South). It uses the GPS locate function to do this.

Honestly, I have no clue...just had several Guinness.

Uh, That can't be true at all...
Especially when some are landlines, and don't have a gps.
I live in Detroit (north) and one of my sisters lives in San Diego (south of me).
I have another sister in Cadillac (north of me), and that one doesn't flip.
(according to you, it should Always be upside down, aye?)
-----
It's just a glitch. Just back out and go in it again, a few times, and it'll be right again.
Since most people just plug in the charger without ever turning it off...
It never hurts to ReBoot the phone, either.
(I know, it takes SOOO LONG)
(è¿é)

Last edited: