Uploading Music onto the droid?

youngin'

Reaction score
I had my phone since december and i was just using it as just a regular phone and a few apps. I used my Ipod for music but its a pain in the ass to carry both for lets say when I go to the gym. How do I upload music from my computer to my droid theres no software like itunes that comes with it? can i use windows media player or somthing like that is already on my computer?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You dont need software, mount it like a flash drive and drag and drop files.

bigsal82

Reaction score
you can always try Doubletwist. it syncs ur playlists from itunes if u use it. I just synced my Droid with it. Worked fine

Taegost

Reaction score
You may have issues with DRM protected music from iTunes, I'm not sure how the Droid will handle that. That's why I prefer to rip my cds :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

theonuts

Reaction score
You dont need software, mount it like a flash drive and drag and drop files.

this is what i do. make the playlist on my computer and drag and drop the folder with the songs i want onto my phone at the same time. that way they show up in the "recent songs" category and i just can select them all and create the playlist on my phone.

cromo8

Reaction score
just drag and drop anything from itunes into your phone when it is mounted, and works fine even protected files bought from itunes

STVA

Reaction score
just drag and drop anything from itunes into your phone when it is mounted, and works fine even protected files bought from itunes

The Droid will not play protected music from iTunes. Your songs must be iTunes Plus songs that were purchased after Apple got rid of DRM.

sal33n

Reaction score
I don't recommend using the droid as a music player. The sound quality is very lacking. I can take the same mp3 on my droid and on my PSP and play them through my car stereo. The Droid sounds very muffled as if is can't pump out enough juice to make the sound come through clear and the bass is terrible, but with my PSP or other mp3 players for that matter sound great. What's funny though is listening to Pandora or Xiialive sound better than high quality mp3's using the various music apps.

cappa86

Reaction score
i use my droid as a music player all the time it works fine, i would recommend downloading double twist, it has a layout like itunes and will import your playlists and songs from itunes works good

OP
Y

youngin'

Reaction score
Ok got it but im guessing i cant upload podcasts and stuff like that on it

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
anything that is .mp3, or can be converted to .mp3, can be listened to on the droid

i have an old ipod classic, iphone 3Gs, and the droid... there are suttle sound quality differences, but they're minute to say the least

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't recommend using the droid as a music player. The sound quality is very lacking. I can take the same mp3 on my droid and on my PSP and play them through my car stereo. The Droid sounds very muffled as if is can't pump out enough juice to make the sound come through clear and the bass is terrible, but with my PSP or other mp3 players for that matter sound great.
There's very little difference between my Droid and iPod. You might want to check your output levels on the Droid (or the headphone jack, etc) if it's that bad.

The Droid will not play protected music from iTunes. Your songs must be iTunes Plus songs that were purchased after Apple got rid of DRM.
People frequently mistakenly assume that all iTunes music has DRM.

A handy rule of thumb -- if it plays on your Droid, there's no DRM.

Last edited: