Uploading movies from itunes to phone

Markmm24

Reaction score
I was wondering if I would be able to upload movies that I purchased from itunes onto the sd card on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Cloud3

Reaction score
Where-ever your itunes library is, that's where your videos are saved. Link your phone to the computer in mass storage mode and (on your phone) drag down the notification bar and click on the notification telling you that the phone is linked to a computer. you should get a popup asking if you want to link.click yes. Now in a few sec, your computer should recognize the mass storage device (aka ur phone). You just need to copy and paste ur videos into the videos folder inside mass storage device :)

-Cloud

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Thank you very much.im going to try it right now.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are they DRM encoded?

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Um sorry im bad with tech terms and when I downloaded I didn't know what file to put it in so I just downloaded it into media file but when I went onto the video player app it said this video cannot be played.any advice? Thanks

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Bump?

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Bump.again.please some1 help?

Rafael

Reaction score
You won't be able to play the movies if they were purchased from itunes. Itunes uses something called DRM which only lets stuff play on ipods.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Ughh.wow ok well thanks.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
You won't be able to play the movies if they were purchased from itunes. Itunes uses something called DRM which only lets stuff play on ipods.

DRM means digital rights management.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Ughh.wow ok well thanks.

This is what drives people to torrent sites. DRM is fine, but downloads should work across platforms. Having to buy multiple licenses (this is what you pay for, not the media itself) for different formats is ridiculous.

You'll have to either: buy DVD's and video conversion software, or take the less savory route: download a torrent tracker, and hit a torrent site.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Alright thanks but I dont think it's worth it over 2 or 3 movies.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Alright thanks but I dont think it's worth it over 2 or 3 movies.

Well, it's pretty convienient to have them on your device, and the Fascinate is one of the best for video media.

During lunch break at work, waiting at various appointments, when you lie to sleep at night, or just when you want to impress someone - movies on your Fascinate are just another great passtime.

I have (currently) The Town, Terminator Salvation, The Dark Knight, Avatar, Star Trek, Robocop, and Kick Ass. All encoded in HD quality video.

Just hate to hear of someone being discouraged from using this great feature!

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish there was a site where I could purchase (for a reasonable price) MP4 coded movies to watch on my Fascinate. I downloaded several different burners last night (including Handbrake), which I finally just uninstalled. Using Handbrake, I finally killed the coding of Avatar when, after an hour and a half, it was only 5% of the way done...and I have no clue if it would work anyway. I'm not going to let my computer run run non-stop for more than 2 days (at that rate) just to code a movie to put on my phone. :(

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish there was a site where I could purchase (for a reasonable price) MP4 coded movies to watch on my Fascinate. I downloaded several different burners last night (including Handbrake), which I finally just uninstalled. Using Handbrake, I finally killed the coding of Avatar when, after an hour and a half, it was only 5% of the way done...and I have no clue if it would work anyway. I'm not going to let my computer run run non-stop for more than 2 days (at that rate) just to code a movie to put on my phone. :(

That's strange it took so long using handbrake - it didn't take more than an hour to do my reencode. Don't forget: you need to do some downsizing for your Fascinate.

Most modern DVD movies run at 9400 kbps (video) and 29.97 fps with audio around 364 @ 48000 hz. The fascinate could never run such a large file, and it's overkill for the screen size.

Usually around 2000 video bit rate and 160 audio will suffice for dvd quality on your phone, and even 2 hour + movies can be kept under or around 2 gig.