uploading contacts.

eddie7

Reaction score
Having problem retrieving contacts. Verizon back up sends a text. But I can't do anything with the text. Any suggestions?

nubby

Reaction score
I think you must be a little more specific. What do you mean Verizon back up sends a text? Are you using back up assistant? Were your contacts part of you google account?

OP
eddie7

eddie7

Reaction score
They weren't backed up in my Google account. I have always used Verizon backup asst. But I can't find it in the market now. And when I try to sync from the website it sends a text to my phone. And it does nothing when I long press it.

JRParsons

Reaction score
You may need to add backup assistant as an account, and set up an update schedule.

nubby

Reaction score
Can you see your contacts on Verizonwireless.com and run backup assistant?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Go to your Settings, Account & Sync and see if Backup Assistant is in the list. If not push the Add Account button at the bottom and add it. I don't use it. I have everything backed up in Google. When you enter a contact or a calendar event you can choose Google as the backup choice. Especially important if you use the calendar and need to back it up. If not your entries are only on the phone and will not be backed up.

OP
eddie7

eddie7

Reaction score
Ok I got my contacts and they are backed up with my Google account. I syncd with Facebook as well. Shouldn't my fb contact pictures show on my contacts info?