Upload video to youtube

bal81

Reaction score
I took a video on my droid and it was to big for 3g and said i need to send it over wifi,

so i went to borders and connected to there wifi and tried uploading and it said upload failed retry in 1 minute....it kept saying it and i kept trying

any suggestions or settings i need to change?

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Not 100% positive, but it could be the network you were on didn't allow for something like that. It's a theory as I've never uploaded a video to YouTube, but I wouldn't rule it out.

ryanm

Reaction score
I had similar problems just had to find a good wifi spot and it eventually worked.

HartBreaker

Reaction score
I am trying to post my first video on youtube through my Droid, but it says it is too big to upload and that I need to find a wifi connection. My house is wireless, but how do I get my droid to recognize my home network? Thanks in advance.

wakers3

Reaction score
I uploaded a video to youtube, but the video was taken with the phone in a vertical position. Anyone have a video editor that works good and is free and can rotate the video? thanks in advance.

ksaul

Reaction score
I uploaded a video to youtube, but the video was taken with the phone in a vertical position. Anyone have a video editor that works good and is free and can rotate the video? thanks in advance.

same Q, anyone know??

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I took a video on my droid and it was to big for 3g and said i need to send it over wifi,

so i went to borders and connected to there wifi and tried uploading and it said upload failed retry in 1 minute....it kept saying it and i kept trying

any suggestions or settings i need to change?
What I've noticed about wifi in public places is that you can connect but you can't get to the internet until you open your browser and accept their user agreement. Of coarse, this is not every time, it's dependent on the wifi's owner and how they set it up. After that, it should work fine.

Essex

Reaction score
also make sure you have a youtube account I had yet to link my youtube account to my google account once I did that my videos would upload.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

Windows Movie Maker will do this. I used it to rotate a video my daughter took with her camera held sideways.

lotusmaster

Reaction score
I think this is such crap and it's purely a verizon block IMO. I came from the failing Helio company recently bought by virgin moblie, rencently bought by sprint. Before (and after but I'm making the point that before sprint powered them) I could take video with my ocean2 up to ten min. and upload in to youtube over 3g and for that matter over the slow 1x seed also, I could also email it over yahoo, aim, etc... For the Droid to not have this ability is embarassing and has to be a verizon thing not a Droid thing, Droid does indeed :mad:

faxman75

Reaction score
So am I correct that uploading a video less than 5 minutes in leangth is impossible over 3G to youtube or facebook?

I can't figure out wifi worth a damn on my phone and i've even tried a few suggestions from this forum like switch the phone to airplane mode. I haven't messed with static ip or anything like that yet but should it really be this complicated? Shouldn't I be able to click on my network, enter my router password and be connected?

Back to the topic at hand though, it's really annoying that you can't upload a video without connecting to wifi. I want my instant neworking. Film and post to facebook or youtube, either would be fine with me.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Yes, it should be really simple. I'm using WPA2 and it's just as easy as you indicate.

With the uploading, maybe it's because of clogging the network with the bandwidth to upload vids. Just a guess or because it'll be too easy for people to approach the 5GB cap (for those that spend their life uploading vids to YouTube-they know who they are).

Just speculation on my part.

faxman75

Reaction score
I'm fairly tech ignorant, I don't even know what WPA2 means. I assume I just have regular WAP. I'm able to log into my router and find my security settings. I even have the torrent fu app working for my phone and that was a bit complicated to get going but eventually I figured out how to open ports on my router and stuff. I should probably research more and take that portion of my question to another thread though.

I can understand a cap but damn, let me upload until I reach my youtube limit or something. Every now and again i'm at a concert and will record a song and I would love to be able to upload while i'm there. At this point it looks like I have to either run around searching for a wifi spot with my phone or wait until I get home and remove the file from my phone and upload manually. Not exactly what I am looking for lol.