Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok I dont do alot of uploads to youtube, but am trying now, its like 7 megs so going over wifi but keeps saying "Waiting to retry 1 min then 2 min"

Is this normal?

Thanks!

And now 5 mins lol

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Naww I believe you have no signal or reception. I believe that is the only time It happened to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Weird works for me. I did that have happen to me before, don't remember exactly if it was signal related or just bugged, but after trying a few times it worked. Are you logged on? I'm sure you are, just had to ask that question to make sure.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Sorry about my spelling lol sucks typing on the virtual keyboard sometimes. Should of used the physical keyboard :)

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Does the video auto save when using default video camera? Because I dont see it in gallery and their is no save option, just done and share etc.. I only have the video in preview.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Yeah the default gallery sucks sometimes. The video and some pics don't always show up right away. If you go to the camera app instead and choose video you should be able to scroll throw your videos you recorded while using your droid and verify.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks... yea still trying, I tried the gmail option in sharing and it just sent a blank message to my gmail acct.. sigh

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok so their is no setting I could have screwed up? This is starting to annoy me... 1st it says Waiting to retry for like 10 mins then Network Error - Failed, then Ill reboot and it says under Uploads - Upload Complete - Failed, File Not Found... grrrr

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ooops file was 154 megs, not 7... but still getting the retrys and then fail - network error. Is their a file size limit to youtube?

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Ooops file was 154 megs, not 7... but still getting the retrys and then fail - network error. Is their a file size limit to youtube?

I know the video cannot be longer then 10 mins. Not sure if the size matters. Is your video longer then 10 mins?

If I was you I would record a 10 second video with your phone then try to upload that one. That way you will know if indeed there is an issue with your youtube attempting to connect.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well called vzw and that was pretty useless. The guy really didnt sound like he knew what he was talking about, or maybe he did, I dont know. He said the phone has capabilities of recording videos larger then you can send, etc.. Then I told him I tried sending it outside and it was telling me that I need a wifi connection to upload a file that size, he said, oh thats a common message, its telling you that you may or may not be able to upload it using wifi.. he said try breaking it into 2 parts and sending it, then I asked if he new of any apps that can do that, he said you probably need some kind of video editing software on your comp ..sigh ..so guess its just to big.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Do me a favor try recordong a 30 sec video just to test. See what happens.

Also when you are connected ti wifi can you browse the net and download apps? I mean just bc you are connected doesn't mean you actually can get out to the internet. I'm sure you already did this but I'm just trying to cover even all the basics to make sure.